X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by freefrog View Post
    Something like that, so?

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w7/pvc1984/at-1.jpg

My humble mind understands the fascination... but my anonymous ears are not seduced by the DM 36th Anniversary: even hidden under tons of gain in online samples, it hasn't that orgasmic P.A.F. "zing" produced by the vintage Larry D's LP and that I've found in a few pickups only - including the Early Pat.'s mentioned in my posts and a few replicas built by some folks who are members here. :-)
    Just my two Cents... YMMV.
    Yes that one.

When I examined one, it was in my friend's junk box, so clearly he didn't like it either! lol But I like the concept of controlling the various parameters.

On the other hand, he 3D printed a PAF, and had my wind it, and he really likes it. It has no metal parts expect the keeper and pole screws, and he used fairly generic parts.

And he has quite a few LPs to compare pickups on... (but no PAFs, just Shaws and T-Tops)

It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
    www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Originally posted by David Schwab View Post
      Well, it won't be a reproduction, but if it sounds the same it doesn't really matter. And most people don't really know what a PAF sounds like, but they think they do.
      Well it matters from a marketing and sales standpoint which is why people make the claim without even having the basic specs. down. There is Crab meat and there is Krab meat, they taste the same right? Everything with a nickel cover and pole screws is a PAF now, um... no.
      They don't make them like they used to... We do.
      www.throbak.com
      Vintage PAF Pickups Website

Comment

Working...
      X