Rewinding a Jazz Bass pickup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sam Lee Guy View Post
    During 1972, Fender change position of blidge pickup further from blidge, so spacing of magnets get closer too! Me hope this help.

Sam
    I think you're backwards there, the bridge pickup was moved about 3/8" closer to the bridge (from what I've read, never measured one).

Comment

Many thanks Glenn W. Poor old Sam get cofused with English. you right -older bass have pickup further from blidge, almost not under cover. Still true about black enamel wire though. Many thanks again for clarity of your observation.

Sam

Comment

Originally posted by WBPickups View Post
        I had to laugh when I read that David. I really hate those skinny necks too. My big a$$ fingers are too big for the necks. Very uncomfortable...
        My fingers aren't big (I'm a short Italian guy!), but those necks make it impossible for proper placement of your thumb and fingers, and my hands cramp! Almost as bad as skinny Ric and Mosrite guitar necks.

I realize they were imitating an upright bass, but that's a very different shaped neck.

I spend many years playing Rickenbackers. Not too narrow, not too wide. I made one of my five string with P bass spacing at the nut... not sure what I was thinking! It's a god workout for the hands though. That big neck sounds great too.

Funny thing is back in the 70's, all I ever saw were P-basses. I hardly ever saw anyone with a Jazz bass. Now people act like that was the bass of the 70's. Weird.
        It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
        www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Lee Guy View Post
          Many thanks Glenn W. Poor old Sam get cofused with English. you right -older bass have pickup further from blidge, almost not under cover. Still true about black enamel wire though. Many thanks again for clarity of your observation.

Sam
          You're most wercome, and many thanks for the other detairs.

I don't care for Fender bass necks either - Made in Indonesia Ibanez TR Series is perfect for me (cheap too).

Comment

Chinese punishment

I've told you before Sam Lee Guy, any error on this forum is punishable by having to wear the rooster hat in public for a year :

Click image for larger version

Name:	chin_rooster.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	811126

Don't do it again.
            sigpic Dyed in the wool

Comment

Thanks for your answers

i dont' understand what is a "blidge" (i'm confused i'm french ) Does it mean the "bridge"?

Comment

Sam's Chinese and spells like he speaks. It does mean 'bridge'.
                sigpic Dyed in the wool

Comment

Originally posted by Spence View Post
                  I've told you before Sam Lee Guy, any error on this forum is punishable by having to wear the rooster hat in public for a year :

[ATTACH]1106[/ATTACH]

Don't do it again.
                  Oh No! Still, looster hat velly popurar with radies!

Comment

Originally posted by David Schwab View Post
                    Funny thing is back in the 70's, all I ever saw were P-basses. I hardly ever saw anyone with a Jazz bass. Now people act like that was the bass of the 70's. Weird.
                    definitely

Comment

Working...
                    X