Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

20th Century Guitar Magazine, bad blood?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a little opinionated, to be sure, but what is clear is that there may be an entirely banal and bonehead reason/explanation for the concern that initially prompted this thread.

You bring your kid to work because the school has a day off and no one is available to take care of them. You plunk them at your computer to occupy them because you have a meeting to go to. And bingo, they do something that takes you 3 days to fix and loses all your e-mail for that period, including people who may have only ever mailed you during that period so you can't even write them back and say "Sorry, I may have lost any mail you sent yesterday".

Two computers ago, I had some bizarre incident with my machine at home where something about the CD-drive resulted in the destruction of not only the CD drive, but the motherboard, CPU, and deluxe videocard too. By some bizarre miracle, the only thing that survived was the hard-drive. I still haven't found a tech who can figure out what the hell happened.

In any event, the point is, s**t happens, and Mr. Weber seems to accept that.

Comment

I agree completely with Mr. Weber's comments. As I suggested in my previous post, my expereience with 20th Centruy Guitar has been nothing but professional.

Just get in touch with Ray and he'll get things straightened out.

Besides...he turned me on to this video series of our heroes Jammin'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BrLEuzVCVQ

(Or go to You tube and type in "Santana Shreds")

As with this situation, there is hope for us all! (Watch the video and you will understand what I mean.)

Again, good luck.
      Mandopicker

Comment

I heard from Weber again today, they have the wrong guy listed as contact for ad sales, he only does CD advertising and he didn't forward my emails to the right guy, organization is a little screwy there. Anyway looks like I finally got through to them. end of thread....
        http://www.SDpickups.com
        Stephens Design Pickups

Comment

Followup.....

Just wanted to clarify the resolution to this thread here in case anyone stumbles on this one in the archives. 20th Century Magazine and I finally connected and I am running ads in their magazine and all is well. Anyone who caters to the vintage tone crowd and has a product to sell for that market, surely must advertise in this magazine to reach a great market with money to spend. There are very few ways to reach the connoisseurs (OK, I can't spell, shut up...) who will spend good money on good tone, and 20th Century Magazine is a MUST if you want to sell to a more knowledgeable customer base, plus these are great guys to deal with :-) Dig out 'yer wallets and get yer ads ready.....
          Stephens Design Pickups

Comment

Originally posted by Possum View Post
            to reach the connoisseurs (OK, I can't spell, shut up...)
            That's spelled correctly... and you have no excuse. There's built in spell checking on Macs, in Safari just go to Edit -> Spelling -> Check Spelling As You Type.

I'd be lost without that!

Glad you got that ad in the magazine.

Does anyone know how you submit gear to be reviewed at magazines like Guitar Player and Bass Player? They don't list any info on that.
            It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
            www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Originally posted by David Schwab View Post
              That's spelled correctly... and you have no excuse. There's built in spell checking on Macs, in Safari just go to Edit -> Spelling -> Check Spelling As You Type. .
              I'm terrible with typos... I don't want to download iSpell for Explorer because i got too much crap on my machine now. I should just put a disclaimer in my signature blaming it on my clumsy worn out winding hands.

Originally posted by David Schwab View Post
              Does anyone know how you submit gear to be reviewed at magazines like Guitar Player and Bass Player? They don't list any info on that.
              You probalbly have to talk with someone in the magazine's advertising department. Either they or someone specifically assigned to handle product reviews is generally listed in the first few pages of mag where they list the circulation, name of editor, etc.... There was a guy by the name of Jeff at Guitar World that helped me get one of my products in the New Product Spotlight section...A lot of it, I think, has to do with whether they have some space they have to fill and whether you have bought advertising space with them.

I bought a classified ad and ran it for a few months and i think that helped my cause.
              www.guitarforcepickups.com

Comment

Originally posted by kevinT View Post
                I'm terrible with typos... I don't want to download iSpell for Explorer because i got too much crap on my machine now. I should just put a disclaimer in my signature blaming it on my clumsy worn out winding hands.
                Windows doesn't have spell checking built in? On a Mac it works on any application you can type in.
                It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

Comment

The salesman at "20th Century Guitar magazine", Ray, is one of the hottest Jazz Players around NYC and the nicest person on earth and Larry Acunto, the owner and editor plays bass in the hottest Prog Rock Band on Long Island ( ELP, YES, etc.) and is the other nicest person on earth. These guys rock!
                  wtf? You want to run an add in their magazine, what in the world does the above have to do with that?

I'm sure if you wanted to see some great players, you'd go to a gig not a magazine.
                  int main(void) {return 0;} /* no bugs, lean, portable & scalable... */
                  www.ozbassforum.com

Comment

It is nice having musicians run a guitar magazine though...

When that magazine started, I worked for a place that used to print posters for them. Of course I took one of each home.

Comment

?????

I never posted anything about the sales guys at 20th Century, don't know where you got that from, I know nothing about those guys myself.....
                      Stephens Design Pickups

Comment

I never posted anything about the sales guys at 20th Century, don't know where you got that from, I know nothing about those guys myself.....
                        Dave,

Not sure if you're referring to my post. If so, I just quoted an extract of what Gerald Weber sent you that you posted above. I thought it was wierd he would mention something that has nothing to do with not replying to your email or a placing an add.

I probably should've stated that it was a quote but not from you.
                        int main(void) {return 0;} /* no bugs, lean, portable & scalable... */
                        www.ozbassforum.com

Comment

Working...
                        X