No announcement yet.

Perfect PAF paper permeated with paint?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perfect PAF paper permeated with paint?

Anybody here try Decker Tape No. 250 black ? Seems to have similar specs to old No.4 tape for thickness, strength and stickability. Worth trying? www.deckertape.com

Thanks
    Sam

Never tried it, but there's a link to "request a sample of this tape". I'll give them a call.

Comment

Perfect PAF paper permeated with paint
      Are we supposed to try and say that three times fast, without stopping?
      It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
      www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

paint?

I don't see any mention of paint? Yeah, someone call them, I bet you have to order a case of 500 rolls. Find out if it is conductive too.....bad
        http://www.SDpickups.com
        Stephens Design Pickups

Comment

Minimum order is 144 rolls at $1.40/ 60 yard roll. They say it impregnated with paint like substance for glossier look. They also say non conductive, but wanted to check with you guys.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by David Schwab View Post
            Are we supposed to try and say that three times fast, without stopping?
            Three times??? Ten of course!

Comment

Cool, I think I'm going to get a sample...it is worth checking out.

I have a source for good flatback paper tape...it is very similar to the #4. Spence even likes it
              www.guitarforcepickups.com

Comment

Originally posted by kevinT View Post
                Cool, I think I'm going to get a sample...it is worth checking out.

I have a source for good flatback paper tape...it is very similar to the #4. Spence even likes it
                Shit man! Don't tell people I like something. They'll think I'm going all soft
                sigpic Dyed in the wool

Comment

Originally posted by Possum View Post
                  I don't see any mention of paint? Yeah, someone call them, I bet you have to order a case of 500 rolls. Find out if it is conductive too.....bad
                  Depends on how conductive is conductive. If a turn is 100 ohms, it is not going to do much. The resistance has to be around the same as a turn of the #42 wire the coil is wound with to have a noticeable effect. A high-resistance tape can however act as an electrostatic shield.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Gwinn View Post
                    Depends on how conductive is conductive. If a turn is 100 ohms, it is not going to do much. The resistance has to be around the same as a turn of the #42 wire the coil is wound with to have a noticeable effect. A high-resistance tape can however act as an electrostatic shield.
                    I know they use conductive plastic for shields on some high end cables. That's an interesting idea for a pickup.
                    It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

Comment

the early charlie christian pickups had iron impregnated resin. I guess not really conductive? But brought the inductance down some....
                      http://www.SDpickups.com
                      Stephens Design Pickups

Comment

anybody ever get sample? good or bad?

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Lee Guy View Post
                          anybody ever get sample? good or bad?
                          Tried the toll free number with no joy (United Way, or something like that). Kind of forgot about it after that. Never tried the other number.

Comment

I ordered a sample....we'll see if it ever arrives....the granny sales rep was a bit confused as to whether I should contact the regional sales rep or whether she was going to send me the sample.
                            www.guitarforcepickups.com

Comment

They are actually not that far from me. I wonder if I could go there and look at samples?

Comment

Working...
                              X