No announcement yet.

Tension and DCR question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is "trasverse time" the time that I take to move my hand for one side to another? And so If I move my hand slowly, have a TPL more high? Is it right?
    Yes. With a perfect coil the windings will lay flat, one next to the other with no overlap. When they cross over eachother, that is scatter.

Comment

Originally posted by Danelectron View Post
      Yes. With a perfect coil the windings will lay flat, one next to the other with no overlap. When they cross over eachother, that is scatter.
      Do you have experimented with different "hand trasverse time"? Is the difference on sound audible?

Comment

Is the difference on sound audible?
        Yes.

Comment

What are the differences? I think that with "flat" coil the sound is more dark and middy and with scatter is more airy? It is right?

Comment

Originally posted by big_teee View Post
            The TPL is Turns per Layer.
            If you have 200 TPL, then you would have Less Layers for the Same DCR, compared to 160 TPL
            Coil Estimator
            If you will experiment with the Coil Estimator above, you can see the Difference in Changing the TPL.
            Feel free to ask Questions, and I will try to help get past the Lanquage Barrier.
            Good Luck,
            Terry
            I don't understand how works this coil estimator. If I can only chose type of pickups and gauge and is automatically give me a resistance in ohm that I can't choose.

Ie. I insert 50mm paf in bobbin style and 42 in Wire awg and single in insulation build and the calculatore give me a DCR of 3,7. How can I do if I would to know the turns for a different DCR?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Marco78 View Post
              I don't understand how works this coil estimator. If I can only chose type of pickups and gauge and is automatically give me a resistance in ohm that I can't choose.

Ie. I insert 50mm paf in bobbin style and 42 in Wire awg and single in insulation build and the calculatore give me a DCR of 3,7. How can I do if I would to know the turns for a different DCR?

Thanks
              Bobbin Style
              Wire AWG#
              Insulation build
              Resistance ENTER Ω →
              You select all of the above.
              You type in the Resistance Value that you want, then you select the Calculate Winds Tab.
              That will change everything for that resistance value.
              Try that.
              Terry
              "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
              Terry

Comment

Originally posted by big_teee View Post
                Bobbin Style
                Wire AWG#
                Insulation build
                Resistance ENTER Ω →
                You select all of the above.
                You type in the Resistance Value that you want, then you select the Calculate Winds Tab.
                That will change everything for that resistance value.
                Try that.
                Terry
                Now work!

A question: if I insert 8000 ohm in paf style pickups, does the estimator give me the total turn or the turn for one bobbin?

Thanks!!

Comment

Originally posted by Marco78 View Post
                  Now work!

A question: if I insert 8000 ohm in paf style pickups, does the estimator give me the total turn or the turn for one bobbin?

Thanks!!
                  The estimator is just calculating for one Bobbin.
                  That is just half of the pickup.
                  T
                  "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
                  Terry

Comment

ok tnx

Comment

Working...
                    X