• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plane fare too much

Comment

Originally posted by Ward View Post
      Plane fare too much
      If you come, bring me a Kangaroo, or a Koala Bear!
      T
      "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
      Terry

Comment

You guys enjoying the summer?
        Too hot here so far as well! It was 102° yesterday, and it's 95° today, which isn't as bad. Not as hot as where Terry lives, but probably more humid.
        It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
        www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

DS since I think you are here, and handy?
          I have a P/J Passive set to build.
          Do you recommend 250k pots?
          Also when you turn down the J Pot, I think the P would be Humbucking?
          So when You turn up the J, do you lose the Hum Canceling?
          Thanks,
          T
          "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
          Terry

Comment

Originally posted by big_teee View Post
            DS since I think you are here, and handy?
            I have a P/J Passive set to build.
            Do you recommend 250k pots?
            Also when you turn down the J Pot, I think the P would be Humbucking?
            So when You turn up the J, do you lose the Hum Canceling?
            Thanks,
            T
            YES for the hum Q, probably 500k pots though so you'd want to wind the J hot.

Comment

YES for the hum Q, probably 500k pots though so you'd want to wind the J hot.
              Everything I find shows using 250s.
              The Seymour Duncan diagram showed it was 250s, and I found this fender layout.
              http://support.fender.com/service_di...0_02A_SISD.pdf
              So I guess try the 250s first.
              T
              Terry

Comment

Originally posted by big_teee View Post
                Everything I find shows using 250s.
                The Seymour Duncan diagram showed it was 250s, and I found this fender layout.
                http://support.fender.com/service_di...0_02A_SISD.pdf
                So I guess try the 250s first.
                T
                Yeah I think in the end you'd need to try out the 500s but it would be better if the 250s do the job, it's ass about though I reckon, I would put the J in the front possy if I were doing it for myself.

Comment

Yeah I think in the end you'd need to try out the 500s but it would be better if the 250s do the job, it's ass about though I reckon, I would put the J in the front possy if I were doing it for myself.
                  Can't change that, it is already set.
                  The Double J setup looks best, but that would require routing.
                  http://support.fender.com/service_di...0_62A_SISD.pdf
                  Mojo sells the covers for that.
                  I guess just wire 2 Js side by side in a Bucker, and put the double cover over them.
                  I may have to come up with something to experiment on.
                  I'm Going outside till dark feeding and watering my Plants, & Wild Critters.
                  T
                  Terry

Comment

I like this thread, cool idea Big T.

Well it's that time of the year again. Central Brazil becomes a desert, freezing nights, drought and heat during days. Humidity reaches below 10%, sometimes into the 7% later in august - it's a desert.

A good friend of mine has a gig tonight at a rather nice bar in town. I like the fact that I no longer have a professional shop, yet friends still look for me for their important gigs. I'd pay to do this, really.

Yesterday he arrived at my place with a Blues Junior with a blown fuse. Turns out one of the original Groove Tubes EL84 was shorted - they're Sovtek's as far as I can tell. Checkup on the rest of the circuit passed, just tube replacement and bob's your uncle.

Repair notes to self: solid state reverb drivers are too hard on these reissue tweeds, past volume 3 and the springs are banging thunder. Nice sounding 12" Jensen.

Edit: oops, I just noticed I'm in the pickup winders forum! Sorry, I couldn't wind a fishing reel if I tried
                    Valvulados

Comment

Originally posted by jmaf View Post

Well it's that time of the year again. Central Brazil becomes a desert, freezing nights, drought and heat during days. Humidity reaches below 10%, sometimes into the 7% later in august - it's a desert.

A good friend of mine has a gig tonight at a rather nice bar in town. I like the fact that I no longer have a professional shop, yet friends still look for me for their important gigs. I'd pay to do this, really.

Yesterday he arrived at my place with a Blues Junior with a blown fuse. Turns out one of the original Groove Tubes EL84 was shorted - they're Sovtek's as far as I can tell. Checkup on the rest of the circuit passed, just tube replacement and bob's your uncle.

Repair notes to self: solid state reverb drivers are too hard on these reissue tweeds, past volume 3 and the springs are banging thunder. Nice sounding 12" Jensen.

Edit: oops, I just noticed I'm in the pickup winders forum! Sorry, I couldn't wind a fishing reel if I tried
                      Wrong section but the stock fender bj is biased too high & likes to eat tubes
                      & I had a bj new after 1 month I started having trouble with the stock gt tubes ...just nos junk
                      "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

Comment

Originally posted by jmaf View Post

Welcome:
                        Your not bothering a thing.
                        Check in anytime, and we will visit!
                        The purpose of the thread is to discuss whatever you want guitar, pickup related.
                        And, a solid body is pretty useless without an Amp!
                        So Jmaf, Are you finally getting caught up on the work for a while?
                        You were real busy earlier in the year?
                        Terry
                        Terry

Comment

Thanks, Terry. Wish I had more time for our favorite stuff Glad to be back.
                          Valvulados

Comment

Hey Sonny, I checked out your web site, good stuff mate.
                            I agree Ward, very nice work Sonny!

Comment

So did anyone make anything today?
                              I'm rebuilding my Humbucker, with one blade and one screw bobbin.
                              Try to get it running tomorrow.
                              T
                              Terry

Comment

I've put my zebra woodys into a temp pickguard and that onto the mahogany guitar. Will try out the sound of it tomorrow, if all goes well I'll make the proper guard n post pics when it's finished. So far the pickups look great on the guitar but the temp pickguard is a mother of toilet seat and I don't want that permanently on there. Stay turned.

Comment

Working...
                                X