If it is ,It's too sticky for pickups IMO
    If you ever repaired one of there humbuckers you know what your in for
    "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

Comment

• Originally posted by copperheadroads View Post
      It kind of looks like what Seymour Duncan uses
      If it is ,It's too sticky for pickups IMO
      If you ever repaired one of there humbuckers you know what your in for
      He was only using it to wrap the magnets on strat coils.
      I think Duncan uses it some on top of a humbucker bobbin.
      I like the black paper tape for that.
      T
      "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
      Terry

Comment

• Originally posted by big_teee View Post
        He was only using it to wrap the magnets on strat coils.
        I think Duncan uses it some on top of a humbucker bobbin.
        I like the black paper tape for that.
        T
        I like this tape, because I was used to using it in my old job. It is PVC based, Lithographers Rubylith tape. Never had a problem with it and use it for lots of things, mostly for insulating poles.

Lithographers Tape, 3M 616 in Stock - ULINE
        www.sonnywalton.com
        How many guitars do you need? Just one more.

Comment

• Originally posted by SonnyW View Post
          I like this tape, because I was used to using it in my old job. It is PVC based, Lithographers Rubylith tape. Never had a problem with it and use it for lots of things, mostly for insulating poles.

Lithographers Tape, 3M 616 in Stock - ULINE
          Hi Sonny:
          How sticky is it?
          T
          "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
          Terry

Comment

Hi Sonny:
            How sticky is it?
            T
            It is about the same as regular Scotch Tape. Not too sticky that you can't re-position it, but it will hold things in place. I like to use it to insulate the poles on my strat bobbins and to hold the start wire down on humbuckers. It is a dark red color, has real good insulation properties and is cheaper than the Kapton. Depending on what is going on, sometimes I just use the black paper tape instead though, and it works good. The thing I like about the Rubylith tape is that the wire is not going to "swim through it" over time. It is pretty hard and tough, like a piece of thin PVC, which it is. I keep the 1/4 inch and 1/2 inch sizes.
            www.sonnywalton.com

Comment

• If anyone is looking for any Teflon wire.
              I haven't tried any of it, but got the link from an amp builder that said it was good stuff.
              Wire
              I would like to have some in white, black, & Yellow in 22 gauge.
              They sell tons of different things, at some pretty good prices.
              T
              Terry

Comment

If anyone is looking for any Teflon wire.
                I haven't tried any of it, but got the link from an amp builder that said it was good stuff.
                Wire
                I would like to have some in white, black, & Yellow in 22 gauge.
                They sell tons of different things, at some pretty good prices.
                T
                I have thousands of feet of it in several colors. Silver plated Teflon Mil Spec stuff. Good wire. I have black, white, and yellow I am sure in 22 awg also red and green. I will make you a super deal .010/foot just PM me colors and amounts. I also have lots of white 22 awg etfe that is not silver plated that is super wire that I will part with for .05 per foot.
                Last edited by SonnyW; 07-10-2012, 05:08 AM.
                www.sonnywalton.com

Comment

• Originally posted by SonnyW View Post
                  I have thousands of feet of it in several colors. Silver plated Teflon Mil Spec stuff. Good wire. I have black, white, and yellow I am sure in 22 awg also red and green. I will make you a super deal .010/foot just PM me colors and amounts. I also have lots of 22 awg etfe that is not silver plated that is super wire that I will par with for .05 per foot.
                  Let me get caught up on the regular topcoat I have.
                  When I replace it, I will holler.
                  I just bought $400 worth of stuff from Mojo, I'm broke right now. lol
                  T
                  Terry

Comment

Let me get caught up on the regular topcoat I have.
                    When I replace it, I will holler.
                    I just bought $400 worth of stuff from Mojo, I'm broke right now. lol
                    T
                    Any time is OK. Just email or PM when you are ready. I have way more silver teflon wire than I will ever probably need. I also have some of the same Mil spec stuff in 24 AWG and 26 but not as much variety more white than anything else. I haven't put any of the Silver Teflon wire on my website yet. I have also got smaller amounts of vintage style cloth covered 22 AWG amp and pickup wire in several colors.
                    www.sonnywalton.com

Comment

• Heres some really good American made wire at great prices

#36 PE at 56 cents per 1/2 lb..... What happened

Comment

• Originally posted by Stratz View Post
                        Heres some really good American made wire at great prices
                        I want to buy everything in the catalog at those prices.
                        Looks like a catalog you would see on the shelf at the "Cracker Barrel".
                        T
                        Terry

Comment

I want to buy everything in the catalog at those prices.
                          Looks like a catalog you would see on the shelf at the "Cracker Barrel".
                          T
                          I just spent over an hour there looking up things I bought 20 or 30 years ago.
                          They have most every catalog from the very first one in 1939 to mid 2,000's

I use the HTML view, it's a lot quicker.

Radio Shack Catalogs - General Catalogs

Comment

• That is a fun website. I used to love getting a new radio Shack catalog! Then they started charging for them, and shortly after that the place went down hill.

They've gotten a little better now for DIYers, but it sure win;t like it was back in the 70s/80s. Fun times!
                            It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
                            www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

• Originally posted by David Schwab View Post
                              That is a fun website. I used to love getting a new radio Shack catalog! Then they started charging for them, and shortly after that the place went down hill.

They've gotten a little better now for DIYers, but it sure win;t like it was back in the 70s/80s. Fun times!
                              That catalog was a 1941.
                              How old were you in 1941, I was Minus -8.
                              I was born in 49.
                              T
                              Terry

Comment

• I'm a 54 model, great year that one, anyone for a strat

Comment

Working...
                                X