Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone been buying loose magnets from ToneKraft?
    Alnico 5 Rod Magnets, Vintage Bevel, Pickup Magnets
    Buy 100 or more of any and they are 39 cents each.
    T
    "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
    Terry

Comment

Yeah I've bought some loose magnets. I bought some A8 rod magnets for a crazy tele pickup I made for a guy. It's very hard to argue with the price. They also are selling flat work for just about anything now. Haven't had an opportunity to try them yet but I will some time. William also started a pickup makers forum on the site.

Comment

I'm glad to hear someone is stocking A8 Rods.
        I think those would work great for bass, and other pickups.
        I hope he keeps those prices.
        We were running out of options on flatwork, a while back, now it appears to be prevalent again!
        T
        "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
        Terry

Comment

I've already made a few orders with tonekraft for flatwork and it is top notch stuff.
          I won't be buying any flatwork from mojo anymore. Too expensive and the last 2 batches I got were very sloppy. Sticky black residue all over it and the grey bottom jag flatwork looked like it was "flamed". Brown marks all over it.
          Tonekraft flatwork is neat and clean looking.
          He'll also be rolling out hum sized p90 and regular sized p90 flatwork eventually as well. Making mojo pretty much obsolete for flatwork.

Comment

Originally posted by buddha0709 View Post
            I've already made a few orders with tonekraft for flatwork and it is top notch stuff.
            I won't be buying any flatwork from mojo anymore. Too expensive and the last 2 batches I got were very sloppy. Sticky black residue all over it and the grey bottom jag flatwork looked like it was "flamed". Brown marks all over it.
            Tonekraft flatwork is neat and clean looking.
            He'll also be rolling out hum sized p90 and regular sized p90 flatwork eventually as well. Making mojo pretty much obsolete for flatwork.
            I agree that their parts are retail priced.
            However if the cover, is not available anywhere else, it can still be a good bargain.
            Especially if you won't get the pickup sale without the cover.
            You just have to mark up the product accordingly.
            This applies to 12 hole covers, wide range covers, and thunderbird covers, etc.
            These covers are only available from PL, state-side.
            Until someone else makes these covers, just use these, and price your pickups to match.
            T
            Last edited by big_teee; 06-28-2015, 10:24 PM.
            Terry

Comment

Originally posted by buddha0709 View Post
              and the last 2 batches I got were very sloppy. Sticky black residue all over it and the grey bottom jag flatwork looked like it was "flamed". Brown marks all over it.
              I agree Tonekraft has good prices on laser cut flatwork, but I wouldn't write Mojo off so easily, that sticky brown stuff washes right off with just plain water. It is from the laser cutting and Mojo tells you about it in the description. It doesn't make their quality bad or sloppy. Sometimes they have flatwork others don't, and it never hurts to have more than one source. If you've got any of the Mojo stuff left, try wiping it down. Here's what they say in the descriptions.

" ***TECH TIP*** - When we laser cut fiberboard it leaves a brown sticky residue along the edges. Use straight water and wipe it off with a sponge or paper towel."
              www.sonnywalton.com
              How many guitars do you need? Just one more.

Comment

Hi Sonny!
                I agree that it can be washed and cleaned up?
                But, for the price they are charging for flatwork now, IMO you shouldn't have to!
                None of the other parts vendors seem to have a problem cleaning it before it leaves their biz!
                T
                Terry

Comment

I can't argue with that, Teee. Mojo's flatwork prices have gone up a lot in the last couple of years. Maybe they are listening. At least there are several more choices now. I remember though when it was pretty slim pickings or else route them out and drill them yourself or maybe get your own laser, and suppliers would disappear all of a sudden, for example like Guitar Jones. So I am glad to have multiple sources.
                  www.sonnywalton.com
                  How many guitars do you need? Just one more.

Comment

I got a email today from a magnet company, yohomag.
                    YoHo Magnetic Products Inc - YoHo Magnetic Products Inc
                    Not sure where they got my email address.
                    The email said that they made over 100 guitar spec alnico and ceramic magnets.
                    I requested a pickup magnet list.
                    I will list whatever list I get.
                    Hopefully there are some discount pricing available.
                    Has anyone heard of this magnet company?
                    T
                    Terry

Comment

prices are good, but quanities are high.
                      I sent her a blank magnet sheet and she put some sample prices on a few of the magnets.
                      standard .187, and .197 rods, run 10-15 cents each, 500 quanity.
                      Alnico bar magnets $1 -$1.50 quanity 100.
                      T
                      Terry

Comment

Originally posted by big_teee View Post
                        prices are good, but quanities are high.
                        I sent her a blank magnet sheet and she put some sample prices on a few of the magnets.
                        standard .187, and .197 rods, run 10-15 cents each, 500 quanity.
                        Alnico bar magnets $1 -$1.50 quanity 100.
                        T
                        500*0.15U$ = 75U$ orders
                        100*1.5U$=150u$ order

does that look like large orders?

On the contrary, for a magnet factory (not over the counter retailer) to even consider such small orders sounds incredible to me.
                        Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

That is a large order for a hobby winder, me. That is why I usually buy retail in small quanities.
                          That is per magnet size, and we use many types, & sizes.
                          And, Don't forget shipping from china!
                          I probably won't be ordering any, but someone here may want to, that is why I inquired, for the group!
                          T

**Here's the info if someone wants to contact them.
                          Sophia
                          Magnets Sales
                          Yoho Magntic Products Inc
                          T: 86-574-56222159
                          F: 86-574-86114115
                          sales@yohomag.com
                          www.yohomag.com
                          Last edited by big_teee; 10-09-2015, 06:30 AM.
                          Terry

Comment

I get one of these offshore magnet company's every week trying to sell me magnets .lol
                            "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

Comment

I guess we need to get some of those magnet folks to make custom bobbin and covers.
                              They are harder to come by.
                              I'm going to stick with the Magnetic hold magnets, I know what they sound like.
                              GL,
                              T
                              Last edited by big_teee; 10-09-2015, 03:36 PM.
                              Terry

Comment

ADFX is still only $0.40/piece (rod magnets) in quantities of 100.

I've ordered a bunch of Forbon to try and put the recent addition to the shop (CNC 3 axis router) to good use. It looks like I can get the Forbon sheet delivered to the door that will get my price of my cut bobbins to $0.34 U.S. per Strat bobbin set (before eyelets). The CNC router isn't very fast at it, but it is unattended once it's doing its thing. I'm thinking laser for next year which will really speed cutting up!

Now, the order is a life time's worth of Forbon for my needs.
                                Last edited by kayakerca; 10-09-2015, 03:44 PM.
                                Take Care,

Jim. . .
                                VA3DEF
                                ____________________________________________________
                                In the immortal words of Dr. Johnny Fever, “When everyone is out to get you, paranoid is just good thinking.”

Comment

Working...
                                X