No announcement yet.

cnc winder controller board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll have all the other necessary bits of a system here this week.

Comment

• Originally posted by David King View Post
      I'll have all the other necessary bits of a system here this week.
      Yeah I ordered some of those controllers from that guy you found. Should see mine very soon too.
      -Brad

ClassicAmplification.com

Comment

The fellow's name is Tim and he's an engineer by trade and loves to tinker. I told him about our project and he's all for it.
        He's got some 80 oz/in steppers for sale for $12 ea which seems fair but he needs to look up the specs for me.
        about those motors?
        .......my gaussmeter project..... ........
        .......first pickup with my cnc winder........

.... NEW cnc pickup winder user manual.....

Comment

• good prices for pulleys and belts!!!

link

Comment

• Elepro,
            great work! here's the same link for US browsers:
            eBay Store ? HUBBARD CNC INC: Search results for.

Comment

• Hubbard also sells bipolar stepper motor drivers:
              10 AMP BIPOLAR STEPPER MOTOR DRIVER - eBay (item 330329592062 end time Oct-08-09 13:58:36 PDT)
              These will will go up to 10A at 35V. These will run on as little as 5V so you could presumably use a cheap PC power supply (12V) to run your winder.

Comment

Hubbard also sells bipolar stepper motor drivers:
                10 AMP BIPOLAR STEPPER MOTOR DRIVER - eBay (item 330329592062 end time Oct-08-09 13:58:36 PDT)
                These will will go up to 10A at 35V. These will run on as little as 5V so you could presumably use a cheap PC power supply (12V) to run your winder.
                .... i don't like those... i think they have not current chopper controller...

Comment

• Thanks again Elepro,
                  The price seemed too good to be true for 10A.

The 80oz/in motors turned out to be only 39oz/in so I skipped them in favor of some 228 oz/in which are 3.0Amps/phase, 0.94ohms, 6.4 mH even though I probably won't have a full 3A from the drivers. I might do 1:3 or 1:4 pulley for good speed range without having to drive the crap out of the motor. I don't know if that's a wise choice but i can always build the 4A drivers if they need more. These larger motors are still only $12 ea but the shipping will probably be that much too because they weigh a chunk.

Comment

• my controller not suports 1:3 ratio pulleys (only 1:1 1:2 1:4)

motor are very big for our project but price is very good..... is it a nema23? i hope not a nema34 (very biggg ).... how many wire?

Comment

• Unfortunately they are Nema34 size. I'll find a smaller motor for the traverse eventually unless the 39oz/in is enough for a traverse.

Comment

• Elepro,

It's time for some info on the switches S1-S7.

I have the board hooked up and need to know what the switches are supposed to be doing.

Playing around with it, it seems like S3 is acting as a Menu or Mode switch, S4 and S5 seem to act as Up/Dn or Plus/Minus buttons. Not sure about the rest untill you post a description about what-is-what.

I added another header just below the LCD to allow me to use off-board switches and off-board LCD. I couldn't find those tall switches you found so for now I have used some surplus Sony tactile switches for the on-board S1-7 just to get it up-n-running.

I haven't received my Stepper Controllers or Stepper Motors yet, so this is a power-up dry run.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by RedHouse; 09-17-2009, 03:49 AM.
                        -Brad

ClassicAmplification.com

Comment

• And the rest of the pics...
                          Attached Files
                          -Brad

ClassicAmplification.com

Comment

• Originally posted by RedHouse View Post
                            Elepro,

It's time for some info on the switches S1-S7.

I have the board hooked up and need to know what the switches are supposed to be doing.

Playing around with it, it seems like S3 is acting as a Menu or Mode switch, S4 and S5 seem to act as Up/Dn or Plus/Minus buttons. Not sure about the rest untill you post a description about what-is-what.

I added another header just below the LCD to allow me to use off-board switches and off-board LCD. I couldn't find those tall switches you found so for now I have used some surplus Sony tactile switches for the on-board S1-7 just to get it up-n-running.

I haven't received my Stepper Controllers or Stepper Motors yet, so this is a power-up dry run.
                            perfect Brad ......

ok, watch firmware here

at start up you have to select the operating mode, they are 3:

- pickup winding
                            - configuration
                            - jog

you can select them with buttons 4 & 5 and confirm with ok (button 3)
                            Last edited by -Elepro-; 09-17-2009, 11:53 AM.

Comment

• Jog mode

jog mode is useful for motor drivers test and for measuring movement of traverse between limit switches (height bobbin)

with buttons 4 & 5 move traverse
                              with buttons 6 & 7 move main motor
                              with button 1 start traverse movement measuring (needs limit switch to try....)
                              with button 2 return to operating mode selection
                              Last edited by -Elepro-; 09-17-2009, 01:40 PM.

Comment

• Configuration mode

configuration mode allow you to set in order:motors pulley ratio and default values of tensioner ,speed and ac-deceleration....

Gear ratio

with buttons 4 & 5 select motors gear ratio
                                with button 3 confirm and skip to default tensioner setting

default tension

with buttons 4 & 5 select default tensioner value with +1 or -1 steps
                                with buttons 6 & 7 select default tensioner value with +100 or -100 steps
                                with button 3 confirm and skip to default speed setting
                                with button 1 power on/off tensioner (useful for test)

default speed

with buttons 6 & 7 select default speed value with +200 or -200 steps
                                with button 3 confirm and skip to default ac-deceleration setting

default ac-deceleration

with buttons 4 & 5 select default ac-deceleration value with +1 or -1 steps
                                with buttons 6 & 7 select default ac-deceleration value with +100 or -100 steps
                                with button 3 confirm and return to operating mode selection
                                (eg. value of 20 means that the main motor goes from 0 to full speed and viceversa in 20 turns...)
                                Last edited by -Elepro-; 09-17-2009, 12:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X