Chinesse coil winder..?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chinesse coil winder..?

I looking for a winding machine, and I found those at ebay. They are made in China. They are cheaper than Shatten's winding machine....
    Does someone has a similar one.. or what about quality...?

Auto Motor Coil Transformer Winding Machine Winder 110V - eBay (item 280358707446 end time Jun-25-09 05:40:30 PDT)

Programmable Coil Winding Machine Winder Variable Speed - eBay (item 270407276022 end time Jul-11-09 18:54:14 PDT)
    jairo eduardo suarez gallardo
    mm basses -only exotic woods from Colombia-
    mm basses

We've talked about these before.

"Max. Coil Diameter:70 mm"

That might be a limitation to a bass maker since a J bobbin is already 92mm long.

I don't see what is limiting the max diameter but I would want to ask about that before committing to it. Maybe they are confusing Diameter with Radius?

You will also need a larger pulley on the main spindle since the slowest speed is 500-800 RPM and the top speed is a whopping 4500 rpm

Comment

Which is the recommended speed for a pickup winder..?
      thanks.
      mm basses

Comment

Does someone knows an economic pickup winder..? where can I buy it..?
        mm basses

Comment

Jairo,
          We talk about these things here all the time!
          Most of us have made our own winders or bought some antique and a few have bought the Shatten winder from Stewmac.

I think these Chinese winders look like a really good deal and will probably do what you want. Electric Davy boy has one I think so you should ask him about it.

You will still need a faceplate for it so either make your own or pay a local machinist to make one for you.

I have made 4 faceplates and they are very easy for me now. I use a compass to draw a circle on a sheet of plywood (I like the russian birch ply). I cut that circle out on the bandsaw and then sand it on the belt sander until it seem round enough. I drill the center hole to match the O.D of a drill depth collar. (A metal ring with a setscrew.) You'll want to find out the shaft dia and then buy or make a bunch of collars for your faceplates.

Since the shaft on the winder is too long you'll want to cut it shorter because you don't want to have to drill such a big hole right through the middle of all your pickups to let the shaft pass through.

A speed range of 200-2000RPM should be plenty. You can just pull the small pulley off the motor and let the belt ride on the motor shaft to slow the winder down.

Comment

Working...
          X