Syscomp CGR-201

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Syscomp CGR-201

Anyone using the Syscomp CGR-201, this is the newer model. I can get plots of pickups, somewhat, but sometimes it cuts off when it hits 0db level, then after it stops it adds the +20db scale. Here is a regular plot, probe A 1x, probe B 10x.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	298.7 KB
ID:	871167

Here is when it cuts off and stops.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	224.7 KB
ID:	871168

Even if i turn the level down, whenever it crosses the 0db point it stops.

Also, the "save plots as reference" or " show reference plots" does not work, i get some error

can't use non-numeric string as operand of "/"
    can't use non-numeric string as operand of "/"
    while executing
    "expr {$::net::leftBorder+log($temp/(pow(10,floor($net::startValuePow))))/log(10)*$decadeWidth}"
    (procedure "net:lotRefMag" line 42)
    invoked from within
    "net:lotRefMag"
    (procedure "net::toggleReference" line 4)
    invoked from within
    "net::toggleReference"
    (menu invoke)

Also have a bunch more questions, doesn't save all settings(only some), probe capacitance drastically changing the peak freq, how to edit tcl language file etc.etc.

Looks like a software defect.

If you aren't familiar with Tcl/Tk, I advise against fiddling with it since, like so many other early Unix relics, its use requires a consuming amount of effort.

Inform Syscomp Design of the problem and see if you can get the nearest earlier software release from them.

-drh
    "Det var helt Texas" is written Nowegian meaning "that's totally Texas." When spoken, it means "that's crazy."

Comment

Actually i know nothing of programming language but the ad makes it sound simple "open source". Also the annoying com port problems i finally figured out.

Edit, have a email conversation going on right now with the engineer at Syscomp.
      Last edited by mozz; 01-04-2017, 12:45 AM.

Comment

Good news is he was able to duplicate the problem, so now it's moved over to the software engineer to get the bugs out. Hopefully he will also fix or add a few others things there too.

Comment

New software version.
          http://www.syscompdesign.com/assets/...etup-V2.14.zip

Comment

Working...
          X