Alps Tact switch availability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alps Tact switch availability

I've used the ALPS SKHVBE tact switch for years to replace switches in Roland gear (and others), but I just went to order a 100 of them from Mouser and they're discontinued now. I've only found one possibly suitable replacement, that being the Omron B3F-6022, but I seem to recall that these didn't always work precisely right in Roland gear (the actuator sits a little higher, even though it specs the same).

Anybody run into this yet, and how did you solve it?

The switch is a 6mm x 6mm tact switch with a 5mm actuator height. There are plenty of those around, but this one only has 2 leads instead of 4, and is through-hole.

Thanks for any suggestions.
    BK

Originally posted by bkahuna View Post
    I've used the ALPS SKHVBE tact switch for years to replace switches in Roland gear (and others), but I just went to order a 100 of them from Mouser and they're discontinued now. I've only found one possibly suitable replacement, that being the Omron B3F-6022, but I seem to recall that these didn't always work precisely right in Roland gear (the actuator sits a little higher, even though it specs the same).

Anybody run into this yet, and how did you solve it?

The switch is a 6mm x 6mm tact switch with a 5mm actuator height. There are plenty of those around, but this one only has 2 leads instead of 4, and is through-hole.

Thanks for any suggestions.
    BK

You can replace the SKHVBE tact switch with the SKQKAB one manufactured by ALPS
    (Roland p/n is 01780101 or 02891789).

The SKRGAED010 or SKRGADD010 (Roland p/n is 02891789) tact switches also may
    be used as a good replacement - the only difference is a round body instead of rectangular.

The TL59AF160Q switch manufactured by E-Switch is a direct replacement as well.

Good luck,

Comment

Thanks for the info!
      I had already ordered the Omron B3F-6022 and they worked fine as well.
      Thanks again.

Comment

You didn't mention whether 2wire or 4wire. I just ordered 75ea of these 2wire versions with measurements that match yours from Mouser:
        2 wire 6mm x 6mm x 5mm = 101-TS7311T1602-EV maybe that's why they have none left ;-]

Nice thing about Mouser as you undoubtedly know, from Roland or Korg these little buggers are 2.50ea. Mouser...ususally like 12-18 cents ea. When you're replacing 20-40 of them on one keyboard, that makes quite the difference. glen

Comment

Originally posted by Mars Amp Repair View Post
          You didn't mention whether 2wire or 4wire. I just ordered 75ea of these 2wire versions with measurements that match yours from Mouser:
          2 wire 6mm x 6mm x 5mm = 101-TS7311T1602-EV maybe that's why they have none left ;-]

Nice thing about Mouser as you undoubtedly know, from Roland or Korg these little buggers are 2.50ea. Mouser...ususally like 12-18 cents ea. When you're replacing 20-40 of them on one keyboard, that makes quite the difference. glen
          Yes, these were the two lead version. I simply can't bring myself to order them from Korg or Roland...just WAY too expensive!
          Did the Mountain switches work ok, or did you get them yet?

Comment

Working...
          X