Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fender champ 12 overdrive ch issue

hi gents,,,
    i have a fender champ 12 ,, loverly little tube amp, my issue is that the clean ch is fine,, when i change chanells via footswitch,,the distortion chanells volume and gain are max,, the distortin chanells volume pots have no effect!,, ive had it for about six mths,, any ideas would be greatly appreciated guys!`dodgy optocops?
    mmmmm thanks in advance!
    Last edited by T-bone; 04-17-2011, 10:27 AM.

Originally posted by T-bone View Post
    hi gents,,,
    i have a fender champ 12 ,, loverly little tube amp, my issue is that the clean ch is fine,, when i change chanells via footswitch,,the distortion chanells volume and gain are max,, the distortin chanells volume pots have no effect!,, ive had it for about six mths,, any ideas would be greatly appreciated guys!`dodgy optocops?
    mmmmm thanks in advance!
    You likely need a pot job. And I mean potentiometer.
    Valvulados

Comment

The issue very well may be in the LDR.
      Do you have the schematic?
      Do a few ohms/ voltage checks at the LDR.
      Compare them to the one that works.
      The pots can be checked for proper function with a meter set on ohms.
      Last edited by Jazz P Bass; 04-17-2011, 10:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jazz P Bass View Post
        The issue very well may be in the LDR.
        Do you have the schematic?
        Do a few ohms/ voltage checks at the LDR.
        Compare them to the one that works.
        The pots can be checked with an for proper function with a meter set on ohms.
        the pull/push treb/mid pot is faulty! by ldr i assume you mean light dependant diode?

btw new pots have been installed inthe overdrive chanell and have tested as working,

i will try to upload scematics for you soon! never done uploading before
        thanks in advance guys
        x

Comment

Fender Champ 12 Schematic

The LDR is a Light Dependent Resistor.
          The signal goes through both V1 & V2 on both channels.
          What is being switched, by the LDR's, is the channel volume pots & R18 & R20.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jmaf View Post
            You likely need a pot job. And I mean potentiometer.
            What exactly does a pot job consist of? Is it a test of the resistance of each pot, a generic cleaning, replacement of all pots...? I'm having a similar issue with a fender 1000 roc pro. I'm new to the amp building/repair game, so layman's terms would be appreciated! Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by m.edwards View Post
              What exactly does a pot job consist of? Is it a test of the resistance of each pot, a generic cleaning, replacement of all pots...? I'm having a similar issue with a fender 1000 roc pro. I'm new to the amp building/repair game, so layman's terms would be appreciated! Thanks!
              Welcome to the place. All of the above could be considered a pot job. What is specifically your problem?

Comment

Working...
              X