Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitar Routing Idea

Hi there all,

I was wondering if someone could have a look at a rough plan I drew up for a guitar routing system.
    The idea:
    -The Guitar is plugged into the pedal
    -The first switch decides whether it is sent to the amp's input (in which case the amps FX send is tapped to bring the signal back to the pedal after the amps pre) or to a external preamp.
    -The second switch is just a normal channel switch for the amp.
    -The third switch decides which of 2 external preamps the signal goes to.
    -The fourth switch decides if the signal (whether fed back from the amps send or from the output of one of the external preamps) is passed to the amps power section/FX return (via the sixth/mute switch) or fed through a series FX loop before hitting the mute switch
    -The fifth switch is just to operate the boost function on the amp.

Clear as mud?

Does my schematic reflect that/would it work?
    What do I do with all the earths from the various connectors? Just connect them all together and work only with the signal wire?

Thanks in advance
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Schematic.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	395.0 KB
ID:	863429

It might work.

Yes, you can connect all the earths together. Except for the boost switch, which I'd wire separately. But beware, complicated setups like this often suffer from ground loops.

The first switch has the amp's input on one pole, and the FX send (which is an output) on the other pole. If it's a high-gain amp, you could get instability from capacitive coupling between the two poles.

If it were me, I'd build a box full of reed relays in my rack, and the switches in the foot board would send DC voltages to control them. I imagine this is how the Bradshaw switcher works.
    "Enzo, I see that you replied parasitic oscillations. Is that a hypothesis? Or is that your amazing metal band I should check out?"

Comment

Hi thanks for writing back I found that the Boss LS2 should more or less do all of that if I route the signals rights, just gotta find the dough now haha

Comment

Working...
      X