Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tascam TM D-1000 Broken AC Jack

Hello,
    First time post here, and any help will be greatly appreciated! I have a Tascam TM D-1000 which I think is a great machine, but the ac jack was damaged when someone put pressure on the AC plug-in, and now it won't power up. Does anyone know if this is a fix worth paying for? I opened the casing up, and the circuit board the jack is connected to does not appear to be cracked or broken.
    Thank you in advance,
    crest421

The circuit board itself may be intact, but look VERY closely at the solder to the connector pins. And little cracks in that solder?
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Crest421 View Post
      Does anyone know if this is a fix worth paying for?
      crest421
      Well, what's the alternative?
      John R. Frondelli
      dBm Pro Audio Services, New York, NY

"Mediocre is the new 'Good' "

Comment

Thanks for the posts!
        jrfrond, just thinking that if the cost for repairing would be sky-high, then another way to go might be looking around for another mixer.....

Comment

I'm estimating that you are looking at about two hours of labor and possibly $10 for the part, IF that is all that is wrong. Here in NYC, that's a $260 repair, and we are at the top of the range in the country. You can make a determination from there.
          John R. Frondelli
          dBm Pro Audio Services, New York, NY

"Mediocre is the new 'Good' "

Comment

Working...
          X