No announcement yet.

15uF Air Conditioner caps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I got an order of them. Looking forward to seeing how they work out.

Comment

I've been using motor caps in my Hi-Fi amps for years and never had any problems. Fit and forget.

Comment

Originally posted by Jazz P Bass View Post
        My thoughts are that the capacitor is a "Start" capacitor.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]35883[/ATTACH]

They are meant for intermittent duty.
        I agree with you. Compressor run caps are generally in a metal can with 1/4" tabs. This one looks like a start cap and besides the current rating of 2.1A/2.5A is way too low for an AC compressor. (FWIW I was an HVAC service tech for 20 years and an HVAC service manager for 6 of those.)

In any case I think that rating should be adequate for small guitar amps. I think I will order some just for the hell of it.

Steve Ahola
        The Blue Guitar
        www.blueguitar.org
        Some recordings:
        https://soundcloud.com/sssteeve/sets...e-blue-guitar/

Comment

I'm not certain, but I think they're actually intended for washing machines and/or dryers. I came across a reference to that when I was researching them, though like I said, I'm not certain. I never really did find an exact match to these.

Comment

Thanks for the information.

Comment

My AC cap went bad a few days ago, and now I have to buy a new one. The motor displayed so many problems like not starting, overheating, and vibrating because it was depriving the engine of the total voltage it needs to operate correctly. I noticed that a new one costs from 8$ to 30$. Do you think the price makes a difference with the quality? And is it worth buying a more expensive one. The guys over at socool.sg recommended a MAXRUN 40+5 MFD of 370 or 440 Volt capacitor. Have any of you tried, and is it worth it? I trust them when it comes to ACs, but I'd like to have more options to choose from.

Comment

FML

Last edited by tedmich; 07-22-2021, 01:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jinonisie View Post
                  Thanks for the information.
                  SPAMBOT
                  Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Originally posted by felicityhu View Post
                    My AC cap went bad a few days ago, and now I have to buy a new one. The motor displayed so many problems like not starting, overheating, and vibrating because it was depriving the engine of the total voltage it needs to operate correctly. I noticed that a new one costs from 8$ to 30$. Do you think the price makes a difference with the quality? And is it worth buying a more expensive one. The guys over at socool.sg recommended a MAXRUN 40+5 MFD of 370 or 440 Volt capacitor. Have any of you tried, and is it worth it? I trust them when it comes to ACs, but I'd like to have more options to choose from.
                    Possible SPAMBOT same as above. Already posting a link on first post.

Definitely not talking about Tube Amps.
                    Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Originally posted by J M Fahey View Post

Possible SPAMBOT same as above. Already posting a link on first post.

Definitely not talking about Tube Amps.
                      Two first time posters, joined the same day, both talking on a six-year-old thread? Quite the coincidence, I'll say...
                      If it still won't get loud enough, it's probably broken. - Steve Conner
                      If the thing works, stop fixing it. - Enzo
                      We need more chaos in music, in art... I'm here to make it. - Justin Thomas
                      MANY things in human experience can be easily differentiated, yet *impossible* to express as a measurement. - Juan Fahey

Comment

A sneeky way to advert 'socool.sg'
                        Singapore.

Comment

Originally posted by Jazz P Bass View Post
                          A sneeky way to advert 'socool.sg'
                          Singapore.
                          Well... I know that things are different from how it use to be. And I sure think the spambot assessment is correct just based on the MO. One IP is from Texas and the other from New Jersey. No east Asian or western European locations.
                          "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
                          You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Working...
                          X