No announcement yet.

50/60 Hz transformer question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's kg, at 47lbs, it's heavier than a 100W marshall 2203.
    It's not SMPS, you can see all the transformers in the pic in your link.
    They do mention "a massive ultra wide bandwidth output transformer" so I assume the torroid is the OT?
    Originally posted by Enzo
    I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

The toroid is the PT. The PT does look too small for an SE amp of this size though. Maybe they use some DC-compensation technique. It doesn't look like it's a choke-loaded design.

Comment

Originally posted by Mick Bailey View Post
        The toroid is the PT. The PT does look too small for an SE amp of this size though. Maybe they use some DC-compensation technique. It doesn't look like it's a choke-loaded design.

That should have read "The OT does look too small....."

Comment

Originally posted by Mick Bailey View Post
          That should have read "The OT does look too small....."
          Yes, I certainly wouldn't consider it "massive" as stated in the marketing. That's why I thought maybe it was the torroid.
          They do mention "ultra modern transformer technology", maybe that's the secret .
          Originally posted by Enzo
          I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Technology we wouldn't understand, sent back in time by aliens from beyond infinity. Or maybe some trick from the 1950s rediscovered.

When I think of massive SE transformers, my reference is the ones Sowter make.

Comment

Working...
            X