Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• g1
    replied
    On CPU's that have fans attached, I'm pretty sure they blow air towards the CPU.
    That being said, the fan is not going to cure what ever fault is making the amp overheat. The underlying cause will remain.

Leave a comment:

• daz
    started a topic Ok, lets try THIS fan question

Ok, lets try THIS fan question

I decided to go with a 115v fan and turns out it causes no noise at all, so it's all good. However, i'm not sure what the best way is to implement it. I can set it so it's blowing directly on the CPU heat sink, away from it, or on the chassis to suck hot air out of the chassis, or into the chassis. I already determined it is a heat related issue because it goes away when i keep the chassis cool with a house fan. And I'm not 100% sure but it's possibly and most likely the CPU. But the house fan is a hurricane compared to a little cooling fan so it must be implemented the best way possible to insure it will cool well enough. So of those 4 methods which would you use? I hooked it up temporarily to a cord and plugged it in and stuck it where it would be right in front of the CPU very close to the main board and theres no noise, so thats not an issue. And the way things are laid out it will be easy to logistically implement it in any of the ways i mentioned.
Working...
X