No announcement yet.

Roland Space Echo sticks if I don't use it every day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

See post #13. I use mineral spirits, but you can also use other hydrocarbons. AS I said even gasoline works, but use it outdoors if you must.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by burymyteeth View Post
      I'm wondering again if anybody has any success with rubber renu?
      I've used the MG Rubber Renue with good results. However, as others have mentioned, use only in a well ventilated area!
      Of course, some rollers will be so old and hard that nothing can save them.
      Originally posted by Enzo
      I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Have you tried or do you have the nerve to adjust the pinch roller solenoid tension. Also check the supply side idler where the leaf spring with the felt pad holds the tape against the idler. I have had this problem and that fixed it. Make sure it turns. failing that, get the service manual and adjust the pinch roller tension. You rely should pop a new roller in. the ones being made now are far better than the old Roland ones. I forget who is making them. I think they make them for echo fix anyhow so probably the same.

Comment

Update. I begrudgingly ordered the $87 pinch roller from Echo fix. The timing has not wavered since. I am very happy. Son of a gun.

Comment

The exact same issue came back. I am not happy anymore, I am sad. I took out the tape feed bearing to inspect it, it seemed fine, I applied the tiniest amount of machine lube oil. Now occasionally it screams like a banshee, I can't tell if its the bearing, or just the sound of the tape tension on the heads. At this point the motor rebuild kit from echo fix has been installed by a tech about 2 years ago, the pinch roller has been replaced, and the tapes were replaced with echo fix tape. I guess i could order the tape feed bearing, but it seems totally fine, I don't see how it could possibly stop the tape entirely, it spins freely. So annoyed!

Comment

At this point I also suspect a problem with the pinch roller to capstan tension. Reference posts #13, #15 and #18.

Comment

Working...
              X