Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sad news to report: A Tribute to Patrick Turner (turneraudio.com.au)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sad news to report: A Tribute to Patrick Turner (turneraudio.com.au)

I was searching for some audio transformer formulas when I came across this blog post:
    https://atrad-audio.co.nz/index.php/tag/turneraudio-com-au/

It states:
    "
    Those in the vacuum tube/valve amplifier game, particularly in Australia, will probably have heard of Patrick Turner. His site turneraudio.com.au was full of information and an often-cited reference for many, written in a style that was uniquely Patrick’s..

...I had some conversations with Patrick in 2018/19 and during that time, he implored me to take a copy of his site, as he was not sure how long he had left (he was elderly and in poor health, a subject which he wrote about on his site as lucidly as though it was a broken radio that needed diagnosing and fixing!)

Patrick died in May 2021; his site is offline now."

I remember bookmarking the turneraudio.com.au site several years ago as soon as I found it. It was packed full of no-bullshit tube and audio transformer technical information, and was such a great resource.
    I was truly saddened by the news of his passing. The owner of "atrad-audio.co.nz" is gracious enough to host a scrape of the entire turneraudio site to keep the information archive alive as a tribute. Here is the new link:

https://atrad-audio.co.nz/turneraudi....au/index.html
    If I have a 50% chance of guessing the right answer, I guess wrong 80% of the time.

Patrick's last battle is documented in his "other concerns" page, its quite tragic, he was a fighter to the end.

He had very strong opinions about his prostate cancer, advice definitely worth listening to,

Comment

Yikes, I’m dreading the day when my cancer finds its way around the hormone therapy I’m on

Zytiga (Abiraterone) was what I was pinning my hopes on when that happens.

I last read through his story back in Spring 2018 when I got diagnosed.

4 years on and immunotherapy is still years off being rolled out.
      My band:- http://www.youtube.com/user/RedwingBand

Comment

Pdf, I didn’t know you were bathing cancer. Fight the good fight. You should know that you’re really appreciated in this community, dude.
        As a matter of fact, I just spent the better part of the overnight disassembling my amp and rotating the preamp sockets 180o and run the heater wires through the gap. I ain’t never gonna forget that tip.
        If I have a 50% chance of guessing the right answer, I guess wrong 80% of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by pdf64 View Post
          Yikes, I’m dreading the day when my cancer finds its way around the hormone therapy I’m on
          Zytiga (Abiraterone) was what I was pinning my hopes on when that happens.
          I last read through his story back in Spring 2018 when I got diagnosed.
          4 years on and immunotherapy is still years off being rolled out.
          The response of individual patients to specific therapeutics are HUGELY variable; part of the reason for a move towards individualized therapies that bypass the "one size fits all" strategy the FDA has always followed. There is a big push toward tailored therapies based on genomics and your cancers specific characteristics.

Also Zytiga might work wonderfully for you, stay strong and be well!

Comment

Working...
          X