Security warning in browser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Security warning in browser

Mark H on another forum reports that he gets a stern warning when he tries to visit Music Electronics Forum.
    https://www.diystompboxes.com/smffor...274#msg1271274

Obstacle to accessing MEF « on: August 02, 2023, 12:04:35 PM »
    I've been trying to get onto the Music Electronics Forum for the past month or so, but encounter this message. Any tips on what I should be doing differently?​

Click image for larger version

Name:	Image1.png
Views:	1148
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	984863

The specific problem seems to be an expired security certificate, details:
    Let's Encrypt
    Sun, 28 May 2023 07:03:26 GMT​

I have told Mark that _I_ just click-through the error, but in similar situations I have advised great caution.

Welcome to the forum PRR.
    There is a lengthy thread about this issue that cropped up a couple months ago. It outlines the workarounds for various browsers and also, why the problem exists and how it might be awhile before it is fixed.
    Please relay to Mark that it has to do with the founder tboy's health, as I believe Mark may be aquainted with him.

https://music-electronics-forum.com/...ate#post984271
    Originally posted by Enzo
    I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Originally posted by g1 View Post
      Welcome to the forum PRR.
      There is a lengthy thread about this issue...... Mark may be aquainted with him.
      Gotcha. Read it just now.

Yes, Mark is more concerned about Steve's health than MEF access. I'll pass some of this place's words to Mark. Whoever 'sees' Steve next should include Mark's best wishes and I'm sure sincere prayers to Mark with all the others.

And good luck with the larger forum issue. It is never easy. (Going back to CompuServe teletype forums.)

Comment

Well I sure hope TBoy is doing ok.
        I was not aware of the browser "work around'.
        I have not had acces to the site for over a month.
        Talk about being bummed out!
        Good to be back.

Comment

The issue has been addressed in more detail in this thread.

https://music-electronics-forum.com/...ate#post984271
          "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Yeah Dude you just got spammed

edit: well maybe not but it had an external link for xxxxxxxx.com. Weird
            Last edited by DrGonz78; 10-06-2023, 05:39 AM.
            When the going gets weird... The weird turn pro!

Comment

Sorry guys, I already "dissolved" this issue. That is, post is gone, spam is gone and user is gone. That's how I like to do it. No "soft delete" and no deleted links in existing posts. Anyone who opens their membership at post 1 with un or vaguely referenced content and an unrelated link is evaporated into oblivion like they never existed here. (<period)
              "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
              You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Working...
              X