Expired MEF Certificate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expired MEF Certificate

I'm getting a message that the MEF site certificate is out of date. I and bypass the resulting security warnings and still get access.

Do any of the Mods have the means to fix this?

I get the same thing.
    It is something for tboy to put on his to-do list!
    T
    "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
    Terry

Comment

I am getting the same certificate out of date message.

Joseph J. Rogowski

Comment

I was unable to get on through Chrome no matter how much security I bypassed. Explorer let me in by offering the risk but didn't have the remembered passwords so I had to update my password on the now unsecure site

Has ANYONE heard from Steve (tboy)?! I think it's reasonable to be worried about him at this point. The SUNN forum has had the same expired cert for something like thirty six days.

EDIT: For my part as a moderator there's nothing I can do. Not that I know of anyway.
        "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
        You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck H View Post
          ! I think it's reasonable to be worried about him at this point.
          Me too. I'm going to try to be optimistic and see if the 'donate' button at top of page will do anything.

Originally posted by Enzo
          I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Originally posted by g1 View Post
            Me too. I'm going to try to be optimistic and see if the 'donate' button at top of page will do anything.
            Me too?
            It's better now.
            I see tboy last visit 03-08-2023.
            I hope all is well at tboy's house?
            T
            "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
            Terry

Comment

Originally posted by big_teee View Post
              It's better now.
              Nothing changed.

- Own Opinions Only -

Comment

Originally posted by Helmholtz View Post

Nothing changed.
                you still get the certificate issue?
                I don't here.
                T
                ** I cleared my history, and I see it again.
                Once I bypass the error, it ignores it on firefox.
                I sent tboy a message about it a couple days ago?
                Hopefully he will see it.
                Terry

Comment

Yes, I do.
                  - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

Update: Seems to work now. Didn't 10 minutes ago.
                    - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

Second update: Problem reoccuring.
                      - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck H View Post
                        I was unable to get on through Chrome no matter how much security I bypassed.
                        I heard from The Dude and he is unable to get on with Chrome. Probably many others too. It's pretty quiet around here.

Originally posted by Enzo
                        I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

There are currently 2 members and 485 guests connected to MEF so a lot of people do have access but many others may be scared off by the security warning. Permission settings on an individual computer are really difficult to set up since there seem to be multiple layers of potentially conflicting settings in both the operating system and the browser being used. I hope this gets worked out soon. It's better for people to get their information from MEF than the various Facebook groups that have emerged.

I'm using Firefox on Windows 10 and I got access by clicking though the two attached messages that were displayed the first time I logged in after the certificate expired. If I was not already familiar with MEF then I would not have proceeded past the first warning message. My computers do remember my original choice and take me right in during subsequent visits. I also checked the remember me box so that may be why I get right in.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	5-26-2023 MEF Expired Certificate_2.jpg
Views:	721
Size:	25.6 KB
ID:	983128

Comment

I couldn't get on MEF yesterday with Chrome. There used to be an option to go to the site anyway after you clicked the "Advanced" button on the page, but I don't see that anymore. So, I did a little research on the Google machine and got on today.

What follows won't be that helpful to those who can't get to the site, since they won't be able to read this. It's sort of like the signs they used to have at Burger King that said "Braille menus available on request".

Anyway, this was my solution for the Chrome browser.
                            1) Attempt to go to the site.
                            2) When the security warning pops up, click on a blank space on the page.
                            3) Type "thisisunsafe" (no spaces- no quotes). You won't see the typing on the screen, but continue anyway.
                            4) It should take you to the site and bypass the warning.
                            Last edited by The Dude; 05-31-2023, 10:32 PM.
                            "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

I hope, for the sake of MEF, this gets fixed soon. I see only myself and Helmholtz logged in right now, so I'm sure there are lots of members that can't get to the site.
                              "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Working...
                              X