Fostex D10 DAT machine problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fostex D10 DAT machine problems

Customer brought in a Fostex D10 Dat Machine that came out of long term storage. Powering it up, it's locked up. All display indicators are on and no function buttons work. I replaced the dead 3v battery, but made no difference. I'm trying to find service info on this model, as it may just need to be initialized. I checked the power supply voltages and all seem to be there. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
    Attached Files

Hifi engine has the service manual, you just have to sign up for free: https://www.hifiengine.com/manual_li...tex/d-10.shtml
    Originally posted by Enzo
    I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Originally posted by g1 View Post
      Hifi engine has the service manual, you just have to sign up for free: https://www.hifiengine.com/manual_li...tex/d-10.shtml
      Thanks for the tip. Found the manual, but nothing helpful. Looks like doorstop service for this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Westrek View Post

Found the manual, but nothing helpful.
        Did you try to get it into 'service mode' (pg.22)?
        Check all supply voltages (pg.41,51)?

I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Originally posted by g1 View Post
          Did you try to get it into 'service mode' (pg.22)?
          Check all supply voltages (pg.41,51)?
          I did. It would not respond. I checked all the supply voltages and they are all there. None of the front panel buttons do anything and the display is frozen as in the pic. Thanks for your interest and suggestions.

Comment

Will look further at schematic, but one thing I recall recently was a hifi unit that had bizarre locked up behavior just because a button was stuck.

Comment

pg.47 shows U501 for the front. Check VSS, X1,X2, Osc1, Osc2.

Comment

Originally posted by Westrek View Post
                I did. It would not respond. I checked all the supply voltages and they are all there. None of the front panel buttons do anything and the display is frozen as in the pic. Thanks for your interest and suggestions.
                I got this resolved. I checked the power supply voltages, but...I missed one. There's analog positive and negative 5 volt regs for the main board and the -5v was bad. Thanks for all the suggestions.
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X