Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Basically what I got from it is you are stuck with Nagra or a 3d printer.
    nosaj
    soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

It's metal so a 3d printer won't work, set screw would strip out. I'm sure a cnc machine could make it but cost would be high.

Comment

Mount a short-bat toggle recessed in a hole and 3d print a cap to go over the hole.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixel View Post
          Mount a short-bat toggle recessed in a hole and 3d print a cap to go over the hole.
          READ the first post.

This is what I've asked:

"Does anyone know any info on these parts?
          Sources for it?
          Or any other equipment that might have used them?​"

Comment

Originally posted by mozz View Post
            It's metal so a 3d printer won't work, set screw would strip out. I'm sure a cnc machine could make it but cost would be high.
            Definitely,
            that's common sense that a Set-Screw would not work in a plastic thread, so that 3D print is a no-go. But people in forums just write stuff without even thinking, but I guess it's what we have to deal with when we ask for free advice.

Comment

Originally posted by ilcaccillo View Post

Definitely,
              that's common sense that a Set-Screw would not work in a plastic thread, so that 3D print is a no-go. But people in forums just write stuff without even thinking, but I guess it's what we have to deal with when we ask for free advice.
              https://markforged.com/3d-printers/metal-x

3d metal printer but I suggest you just bite the bullet and order the expensive ones since only one company has them.
              nosaj
              soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

FWIW: I suggested the 3d printer because it may be your only option. I fully realize it's not ideal and the problem with the set screw. That said, there may be other ways to mount the switch to the bezel without the set screw- epoxy, etc. Again, I fully realize this is not ideal, but it may be that or nothing.
                "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

I might get 1 unit of this part in the next weeks,
                  it's a bad timing at the moment for this with Christmas and New years Eve, after the 3rd of January companies will again operate at 100%
                  Last edited by ilcaccillo; 12-22-2023, 01:26 AM.

Comment

No one is trying to do anything but help you out. It seems you are at a dead end in your search, and you also indicated that you were not willing to pay a lot for an original part.
                    Please don't be offended if people offer you alternative solutions under the circumstances.
                    Originally posted by Enzo
                    I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Originally posted by g1 View Post
                      No one is trying to do anything but help you out.
                      Some people help which is great, others don't help at all,
                      which is all fine

some people like yourself write irrelevant posts that clutter threads,
                      but you have the right to do so, I respect that

It seems you are at a dead end in your search,
                      I have no idea at all why do you take that conclusion, but it seems that good judgement is not a quality you have.

I just started searching for this part 2 days ago, so it's just starting,
                      the end will be when I have the part and share with the DIY communities and it will make some people happy.
                      For me personally it will be quite useful for some projects I'm developing

and you also indicated that you were not willing to pay a lot for an original part.
                      No way,
                      I never indicated that.

Show me the original part for sale and I buy it immediately.

Do you have a link with the part for sale?
                      please post it, thank you

​​
                      Please don't be offended if people offer you alternative solutions under the circumstances.
                      Not offended in any way.

If you want to continuing trolling it's all fine by me.
                      You can write as many irrelevant posts like this last one as much as you can, I don't mind, it means you have a lot of spare time which is important
                      Last edited by ilcaccillo; 12-22-2023, 01:28 AM.

Comment

Thanks for everyone that read the first post and helped with information and finding clues to source this Bezel.

I've contacted many people and companies at the moment, and I'm having new info about this everyday.
                        It's Christmas time, so a lot of emails I sent still don't have reply because a lot of people are on holidays.

But we can be confident that we will have this part in the future, and if we can find a nice stock of it we can have this part for our projects and DIY.

In the meanwhile if someone seeing this thread has help in the following questions that were written in the first post, please chime in:

"Does anyone know any info on these parts?
                        Sources for it?
                        Or any other equipment that might have used them?​"​

Thank you so much​

Comment

Ignore list updated. Here's a puppy. Maybe it will help with the obnoxious attitude.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Puppy.jpg Views:	0 Size:	124.5 KB ID:	991085
                          "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Working...
                          X