Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nichicon audio grade vs. preminum grade capacitors?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nosaj View Post

mr. Mikesa could an orange be a capacitor?
    I personally prefer children as my capacitors because by the time they reach the teen years they sound thin and hollow.

nosaj
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	71
Size:	109.2 KB
ID:	993871
    A lemon can be a battery​. Idk about children as capacitors. Do they block DC? Testing things like that is frowned upon.

Comment

Originally posted by nosaj View Post

mr. Mikesa could an orange be a capacitor?
      I personally prefer children as my capacitors because by the time they reach the teen years they sound thin and hollow.

nosaj
      Orange would be bad capacitor electrolyte because its conductive. It has to be an insulator like oil.

Comment

Originally posted by sparkies View Post

Orange would be bad capacitor electrolyte because its conductive..
        Every electrolyte is conductive.
        - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

Originally posted by Pixel View Post

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	71
Size:	109.2 KB
ID:	993871
          A lemon can be a battery​. Idk about children as capacitors. Do they block DC? Testing things like that is frowned upon.
          Oh I'm sure it does as all things have voltage thresholds. However, I would only think it would be good for small line level signals. Sylvia Massey fell in love with the pickle limiter.

Comment

Originally posted by Helmholtz View Post

Every electrolyte is conductive.
            electrolyte is just a liquid substance between two electrodes and it does refer to electric conductivity.

You can use distilled water as a capacitor electrolyte

Comment

Distilled water is a very poor conductor, would result in high ESR.
              An orange doesn't have an insulating dielectric, so no capacitor.
              - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

Originally posted by sparkies View Post

Orange would be bad capacitor electrolyte because its conductive. It has to be an insulator like oil.
                There is oil in the skin so we could possible make a capacitor combined with a fresh child to make a great sounding cap.

nosaj

soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

Ok it seems this topic has run it course. I threw in some nonsense to see how it might run but it seems sparkie is just here to argue and give bad advice.
                  nosaj
                  soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

Aw c'mon Jason!!! Everybody knows you can't make capacitors from children. Roof shingles, maybe. If you slice 'em thin. But not capacitors.
                    "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
                    You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Working...
                    X