• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schematic Heaven Gone???

Down for two days. WTF???
    John R. Frondelli
    dBm Pro Audio Services, New York, NY

"Mediocre is the new 'Good' "

This has happened once or twice before. It's usually back within a few days.

Sure would suck if it disappeared completely though.

Comment

Yea It would!
      It and eserviceinfo are my main sources for schematics.

Comment

yeah, I've sen this before too. I think it might be about paying rent on his web site. And I think one time he found a diferent server to live on.

Meanwhile I am computer ignorant, but I know there are these snapshots of the web sorts of places where sometimes you can find web sites recorded when they no longer exist in real time. SOmething like that. And wonfer if they would work for this?

I FOUND ONE!!!

Internet archives they are called, here is one, and I just went back to a 2008 archive and picked a random Fender schematic as a test, and there it all was.

Internet Archive: Wayback Machine
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

My techknowman.com / leonardAveryt.com have a ton of storage space I don't use.
          I think I have >8gig avalable and only using 200meg or so. I could store some of the real gems and hard to get ones on my site.
          It pays for itself more or less so its no big deal.

Comment

Copy it all over, is my vote. If there were copyright problems it wouldn't be out there anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex R View Post
              If there were copyright problems it wouldn't be out there anyway.
              Theres always copyright problems, its just how bad do they want to enforce it.

Comment

Still down. That's 6 days now. Methinks it's gone for good.
                John R. Frondelli
                dBm Pro Audio Services, New York, NY

"Mediocre is the new 'Good' "

Comment

Here's a "mirror" of the site. A copy really, but glad someone had the forsight to clone the site.
                  Schematic Heaven. Where All Good Amp & Effect Designs Await Resurrection...
                  The farmer takes a wife, the barber takes a pole....

Comment

Schematic Heaven

hey Schematic Heaven, where are you???

Comment

Yeah I posted one too, Gtr_tech. It is all still there folks, just go to one of the archive sites.
                      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Thanks Enzo & Gtr Tech for posting the link to the mirror site. I tried going to the mirror site earlier today b-4 I posted here, the mirror-site came up but when I tried to click on the schematics, I got a blank page with a message for site owner to contact website host with "Info Unavailable" where the schematics are. Seems to be working now As I just checked again. Thanks again for the mirror site link! Hope it continues to work in the future.

Comment

Most of the same schematics are also available at ampix.
                          -tb

"If you're the only person I irritate with my choice of words today I'll be surprised" Chuck H.

Comment

I tested my link before posting it, and it worked then. I picked a date in 2008 and selected a couple Fender schematics, which opened up for me.

yep, still works, here is a random selection

http://web.archive.org/web/200711012...s_chieftan.pdf

Comment

While that does not work, can help

http://web.archive.org/web/20080822045126/www.schematicheaven.com/index_HTML.htm
                              It's All Over Now

Comment

Working...
                              X