Epiphone EA-32 RVT Comet ... Not like GA-15 RVT Explorer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epiphone EA-32 RVT Comet ... Not like GA-15 RVT Explorer

This has a transformer to drive the reverb tank and different circuit and values.... I compared many Gibson schematics and had no luck...

Got it ! Google Gibson Amp Heaven.... The amp I have is combination of different Epiphone/Gibson amps. Odd bugger.....

Comment

My Epiphone EA-32 RVT is nothing like the GA-15RVT

Originally posted by 1ampman View Post
      Got it ! Google Gibson Amp Heaven.... The amp I have is combination of different Epiphone/Gibson amps. Odd bugger.....
      All of the schematics for the EA-32RVT seem to be the same as the GA-15RVT. My preamp and tone section are wired totally different than what is on these schematics. I have seen photos of the pre amp board and mine has not been altered. Do you have the real schematic or can you point me in the right direction. The web is filled with the wrong one. Thanks

Comment

There often is not a "the" schematic for old Gibson/Epi models. I have one model in my files that I have SIX different schematics for. And a model might be one thing one year, then later the same model number winds up with the innards of some totally different model inside. They changed them all the time, and in addition to the various versions, there were also transitional amps with no documentation at all.

But they did usually have a family resemblance, so to service the amp, I could usually say this power amp and that preamp, but with those reverb and trem circuits - put them all together, et voila. If I had a matching power amp circuit, and power amp was what I was servicing it didn;t matter if the preamp part was wrong
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
          There often is not a "the" schematic for old Gibson/Epi models. I have one model in my files that I have SIX different schematics for. And a model might be one thing one year, then later the same model number winds up with the innards of some totally different model inside. They changed them all the time, and in addition to the various versions, there were also transitional amps with no documentation at all.

But they did usually have a family resemblance, so to service the amp, I could usually say this power amp and that preamp, but with those reverb and trem circuits - put them all together, et voila. If I had a matching power amp circuit, and power amp was what I was servicing it didn;t matter if the preamp part was wrong
          I found a GA-15RVT schematic that was listed as "1965" that had the circuits in my Epiphone Comet, while most of the schematics for the GA-15RTV and Epi Comet do not. Most notable differences are the V2A and V3A were swapped. So there seems to be (at least)two versions for these amps. After changing the filter caps and the cathode caps, mine still has a crackling noise and the reverb vol pot seems to control the output volume.

Comment

I finally did find a schematic for my Epiphone Comet EA 32 RVT although it is labelled GA-15 RVT. Here is a link to it http://frankconsiglio.com/schematics...5-RVT-1965.pdf I changed all of the caps and old resistors, rewired the Power Section and re-flowed solder in all the wells on the board. It now works ok.

Comment

francuccino

I have the same or similar problem as you did 2 years ago.

Your supplied link no longer points to the schematic you found.

I was unable to find it on the "Gibson Amp Heaven" site either.

Could you post the schematic that you mentioned in your post, or a link to it?

Thanks In Advance!

earache

Comment

Posting this here to see if it might be the one...? As with Gibson scheme's who knows?
                Attached Files
                When the going gets weird... The weird turn pro!

Comment

Originally posted by DrGonz78 View Post
                  Posting this here to see if it might be the one...? As with Gibson scheme's who knows?

Dr Gonzo -I believe that's the one! I see the transformer that drives the reverb .

I am at work now but will check it out when I get home.

Thank you!

earache

Comment

Working...
                  X