Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pan Pedal Alteration Ideas....

Hey guys,

I recently bought an Ernie Ball 6165 panning pedal, and here's what I would like to do:

I play a double neck guitar currently with only one output-the plan is to split the signal into 2 outputs, one for each neck, send them to the panning pedal where I can either center both signals by pressing the pedal all the way down or pulling all the way back gradually and pan one neck to one side and the other neck to the other, so 2 inputs, 2 outputs on the pedal.

The 6165 is not designed to do this (or at least I wasn't able to get it to work like that), but I feel like it should be a simple alteration-all I'm looking to do is put 2 panning pots in there like you would find on 2 separate channels on a mixer and then I think I should be able to figure out a way mechanically to make it work with the pedal. Any ideas? Pots I should buy?

If it makes a difference, both of the signals should be pretty hot going into the pedal-I'm not very well-versed with capacitors, resistors, etc...

It's an ovation double neck, but I'm planning to bypass the internal preamp and run each signal to a different LR Baggs Para DI to boost the signal. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Mark Kroos
    Mark Kroos - Home
Working...
X