No announcement yet.

Eden WTX-260 Schematic Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agree and add: that preamp has two compressor/limiter circuits: one is the user visible one, "treated like an effect" , based around FEt Q1and which is disabled/enabled by S2; the second one is the one you asked about first, is non adjustable, non user selctable as OFF, and for a good reason.

Class D amps "clip ugly" to give it a name,even worse sounding if driving a wide band, Tweeter equipped cabinet, so that must be avoided or at lest minimized, thus the second compressor/limiter.

See it lies after the Master Volume, is followed only by a low gain, flat EQ stage and is only internal trimmer adjustable.

I bet proper VR7 adjustment is to feed some audio, rise volume (Master on 10) until loaded class D amp clips, then adjust VR7 until Q10 FET kicks in and attenuates preamp out signal so Power Amp *just* stops clipping.

Donīt overdo it or amp will needlessly lose cleans Watts.

Not sure about what kind of Mod you want to do, can you please share it with us?
    Personally I would NOT touch those compressors, any of them, most specially the second one which is always in circuit, and *is* needed.
    You lower its effect: bees in a can buzz; you rise it you lose available power.
    Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Originally posted by nickb View Post
      S2 is the compressor defeat.
      thanks for reply.

Originally posted by J M Fahey View Post
      Agree and add: that preamp has two compressor/limiter circuits: one is the user visible one, "treated like an effect" , based around FEt Q1and which is disabled/enabled by S2; the second one is the one you asked about first, is non adjustable, non user selctable as OFF, and for a good reason.

Class D amps "clip ugly" to give it a name,even worse sounding if driving a wide band, Tweeter equipped cabinet, so that must be avoided or at lest minimized, thus the second compressor/limiter.

See it lies after the Master Volume, is followed only by a low gain, flat EQ stage and is only internal trimmer adjustable.

I bet proper VR7 adjustment is to feed some audio, rise volume (Master on 10) until loaded class D amp clips, then adjust VR7 until Q10 FET kicks in and attenuates preamp out signal so Power Amp *just* stops clipping.

Donīt overdo it or amp will needlessly lose cleans Watts.

Not sure about what kind of Mod you want to do, can you please share it with us?
      Personally I would NOT touch those compressors, any of them, most specially the second one which is always in circuit, and *is* needed.
      You lower its effect: bees in a can buzz; you rise it you lose available power.
      thanks for some information. Nothing in particular, I want to turn off the compressor on my WTX264 that does not allow disabling as the WTX260. There is the switch on enhance pot (S2) in WTX260 while in WTX264 is not present

Comment

Originally posted by doctor View Post

Here it is.
        Hello Doctor, please can you share the links again to see the Schematic because the links are fall.

Comment

Here is the schematic.
          Preamp only.
          The power amp (most probably integrated with switching power supply) is a module from Bang&Olufsen.
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X