Samson S500 Schematic Request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Samson S500 Schematic Request

Anyone have a schematic for a Samson S500?? I have one here with no output from the 1st channel. Got it with the volume pot broken off the PCB. Even when replacing the 10K volume pot with an alpha 10K I have here there is still no signal at the speaker. 2nd channel works fine.

Wondering if this is the wrong pot somehow or, if there is another problem breaking the signal path. The replacement pot is 10K audio taper but it does not fit the footprint of the PCB. Had to wire it in.

This amp: Click image for larger version

Name:	SAS500legacy_image_4-display_1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	12.4 KB
ID:	868763

Samson S500 Schematic

This schematic is all that I have.
    It appears that it did not scan right or something.
    Anyway, check that you have a signal coming out of IC1 Pin 7.
    If it is reaching the pot, see that it comes out of the wiper.
    From there it goes to the dual LTP amp input.
    Attached Files

Comment

When I checked last night the signal did show on the wiper. I was trying to compare signal traces on channel 1 and 2 since I didn't have a schematic and it seemed like on channel 2 the signal showed on all 3 lugs of the volume pot, but on channel 1 it only showed on one side and then the middle wiper connection.

I'll check IC1 pin 7 when I'm home later thanks
      Last edited by nsubulysses; 08-12-2014, 06:14 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=nsubulysses;355498] channel 2 the signal showed on all 3 lugs of the volume pot. QUOTE]

That will be true only if the wiper is rotated away from ground.
        Put each pot in the middle of it's rotation & then compare the channels.
        Last edited by Jazz P Bass; 08-12-2014, 09:50 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

if you install the asian languages pack when acrobat XI asks for it, you can see the whole schematic, no idea why this is so, but it worked.
          I did a repair & attached it.... so one of these ways to view the file should work....
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mozwell View Post
            if you install the asian languages pack when acrobat XI asks for it, you can see the whole schematic, no idea why this is so, but it worked.
            I guess weŽd all better start learning Chinese, how to use chopsticks and choose one of these:

Drooping mustache is optional (I hope )
            Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Ummm, upon re-investigating this power amp it still had no output from channel 1 and no sine wave on pin 7 of the IC. I started probing around, my scope probe slipped, touched something, then I heard the faint 1K tone from inside the chassis. It's putting out full power. I beat the hell out of the PCB with a chop stick and cannot get it to cut out again. I tried with great effort!

Guess I got lucky or something. I would normally be weary of releasing something like this but I really cannot get it to cut out again, so at this point I feel I have no other choice but to test my luck.

Schematic helped thank you

Comment

Working...
              X