Sencore Super Cricket user manual wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sencore Super Cricket user manual wanted

I just picked up one of these at a junk shop and need the user manual if anyone has a scan. It's a TF30 - the benchtop mains operated unit.

Originally posted by Mick Bailey View Post
    I just picked up one of these at a junk shop and need the user manual if anyone has a scan. It's a TF30 - the benchtop mains operated unit.
    I know it's an earlier version , but maybe it helps out?
    nosaj

http://www.cbtricks.com/miscellaneou...orrections.pdf
    soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

Yes, thanks. Just a few extras on my model I have, though it now looks like mine is faulty. I need to check the probe voltages and to see if a square wave is being generated.

The circuit looks quite different, though.

Does anyone have the schematic? I think one was supplied with the unit when new.

Comment

Just found the service manual. Rather strange that the only copy I could find was buried in a Lima radio station's web site.

TF30.pdf

Comment

I've fixed it and it works fine. Actually, I never thought about wanting/needing a transistor tester, but it's pretty useful. I ran through a whole load of random Soviet transistors in no time at all. No need even to look up the pinouts before connecting the leads.

Comment

i'm having trouble with mine. what did you find wrong with yours?

Comment

On mine the interconnecting wires are terminated in IDC connector blocks. Over the years these connections had oxidised. I removed each wire individually, cut of the bad end and soldered it back where it came from. I then made sure all the rest of the contacts were clean - just a spray with contact cleaner and a bit of 'working' and It's been working fine since.

After my initial enthusiasm I didn't use it for a while but I dusted it off and it's back on my bench testing transistors for fuzz circuits. Just using it for gain and leakage, but I find it a lot easier to use than my digital meter that's 40 years younger.

Comment

thanks, will check that out on mine.

Comment

Working...
                X