Replacement for E1A606-724 / 2-24b power transformer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement for E1A606-724 / 2-24b power transformer

Hello, I am looking for a replacement transformer for an old E1A606-724 / 2-24b power transformer that has 5 wires coming off it. Cant find any online with just 5 wires on it.

any recommendations? Thanks!

What did it come out of? maybe a schematic will tell us what could be used.

Its kinda like saying I need a motor it has 8 cylinders....doesn't tell us if its gas, diesel, horizontal shaft or vertical.... or what it even goes in, etc....

nosaj
    soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

It’s coming out of a Randall rg100es amp. The schematic has a small bit of information on it, it only says “2-24”

I purchased one of these amps and the information on the transformer is

E1A606-724
      2-24b.

there are 5 wires, it seems like two 6.3v yellow wires that attach to the rectifier diode and a red and brown and green (ground)

that’s all I’ve got.

Comment

It supposedly runs at 24v 40va, which powres the amp which runs at 150 watts overall so I’m not sure what is going on.

Comment

randall-rg100es-rg80es-amplifier-schematic.pdf

I would say your looking for a centertapped transformer with 2 24v legs That would make for 5 leads 2 primary, 3 leads for secondary.
          nosaj

Comment

Would a those two 24v legs power the amp? Is that enough juice to run the whole thing?

Comment

Thank you for the info!

Comment

Its a solid state amp which is low voltage . I believe you will be looking for a 48v centertapped transformer.....I'd call hammond or edcor.
                What is wrong with the one you have?
                nosaj

Comment

Nothing, I am trying to get all the information I would need to make a clone amplifier.

Comment

Good luck with that.....have you ever made an effects pedal before?
                    nosaj

Comment

Haven’t built a pedal, I’ve built an amp before from a kit though.

Comment

well good luck what are your plans for the pcb?

nosaj

Comment

Bread board, probably in the same way as the schematic. There’s a video called the preamp from hell someone made on YouTube that’s basically the same thing, and it’s all just soldered parts free floating. Bread board should make it a bit more uniform.

Comment

I think your asking for a lot of trouble as this is a high gain amp. An not sure youll get a lot of help with it being its a more advanced amplifier.
                            nosaj

Comment

I might not even build it. I was just trying to get as much information on it as possible.

Comment

Working...
                              X