Laney TT50H No Outout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laney TT50H No Outout

No output except low somewhat distorted thru return jack. Replaced all power/preamp tubes with known good tubes. Contact cleaner on cable in efx loop several times/overnight, jumped efx loop, no change. Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Originally posted by ca7922303 View Post
    No output except low somewhat distorted thru return jack. Replaced all power/preamp tubes with known good tubes. Contact cleaner on cable in efx loop several times/overnight, jumped efx loop, no change. Any ideas greatly appreciated.
    Schematic?
    - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

https://elektrotanya.com/laney_tt50h_schematic.pdf/download.html
      It's All Over Now

Comment

Have the schematic, thanks. Have a multimeter and have done some basic testing and soldering of resistors and caps. Am aware of how to drain voltage before working on amps.

Comment

Have the schematic, thanks.
          Please post it here for reference, so we all know what we're talking about.

- Own Opinions Only -

Comment

OK
            Download LANEY TT50H SCHEMATIC service manual & repair info for electronics experts

Comment

Can't find a power amp schematic, only layout.
              - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

I got this link from vintagekiki on this site, thought it was complete. Didn't look it over well enough I guess. Will see if I can find it elsewhere?

Comment

Drawing#9357_3 & 9357_4 are main power board drawings, but I cant find anything else online. I guess I'll have to try to email Laney?

Comment

Post 3 contains the link to the service manual. Everything except a picture is included, even those connectors that is the main issue with most problems.
                    Support for Fender, Laney, Marshall, Mesa, VOX and many more. https://jonsnell.co.uk
                    If you can't fix it, I probably can.

Comment

Just ran line out and record out to another amps input and got a good clean signal. None of the preamp controls on channels 1,2,3 work, but volume 1 and volume 2 work, amp mute works, and fx mix is scratchy and tries to cut volume off at "0" but intermittent scratchy signal still comes thru at "0". Also, there is a high pitched whistle if volume is turned up past "8" on either amp. 2nd amp does not do this when TT50H is not plugged into it.

Comment

Just ran line out and record out to another amps input and got a good clean signal. None of the preamp controls on channels 1,2,3 work, but volume 1 and volume 2 work, amp mute works, and fx mix is scratchy and tries to cut volume off at "0" but intermittent scratchy signal still comes thru at "0". Also, there is a high pitched whistle if volume is turned up past "8" on either amp. 2nd amp does not do this when TT50H is not plugged into it.

Comment

Comment

Wondering if a bad efx mix pot could cause preamp to not function?

Comment

Drawing#9357_3 & 9357_4 are main power board drawings, but I cant find anything else online. I guess I'll have to try to email Laney?
                              Yes, I would contact them and ask if there is a schematic showing the power amp.
                              Originally posted by Enzo
                              I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Working...
                              X