No announcement yet.

Peavey Classic 30 II 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is most probably a thermal fuse - not a thermistor.
    - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

Agree, thermal fuse, and the temp is in centigrade, not Fahrenheit.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Yes, it is Centegrade, don’t see too well.

Attached Files

Comment

Do I dare jumper it and see if I get anything thing to cone on?

Comment

For test purposes yes you can jumper it. You should still have all the secondaries disconnected though.
            Originally posted by Enzo
            I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Not finding the exact fuse at Mouser or Digi-key. Should I buy a coffee maker at Goodwill and scavenge one?
              kidding....

Comment

Did you look for other close temperatures?
                I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

I’m assuming 2-3 degrees (higher) would be insignificant but not finding any 1A. Every thing I see is 10A. Is that not goi g to work?

I think I see 145 C but 10A but will that work?

Comment

I don't see how it could be 1A, the mains fuse is bigger than that isn't it? Maybe it is a 10A thermal cutout?

Comment

I believe the main fuse is indeed 10amp but the marking on the fuse is 1A.
                      i ordered a couple of 145 degree 1A fuses. As close as I could come...

What would happen with a 10Amp fuse if the temp rating was close to 134 degrees?

Comment

The part number looks to be EYP1BF134. Sadly, the only place I could find it was eBay and from China.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/5Pcs-Panaso...YAAOSwEy1eBhNU
                        "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

I ordered a couple of these as they are close in spec. Please advise me as to the downside of increasing the temp by 10 degrees or so?

Thanks for your order, we're on it
                          Thank you for ordering from Newark. We are currently processing your order.
                          Your reference number is: 10/22/20 22.36 PM
                          We will send you an order email confirmation once your products have been sent to our shipping department.
                          You can view your order details and track shipping status on Newark.com
                          If for any reason you do not receive a confirmation email in the next 24 hours, please check your spam folder or contact us at 1 800 463 9275.
                          Order Details
                          Newark Ref: 10/22/20 22.36 PM
                          Date of Order: Oct 22, 2020
                          Billing Method: Credit/Debit Card
                          Shipping Method: Newark Flat Rate (Over $150 USD Ships Free) (Order by 9:30 PM EST)

Comment

This is Digikey replacement for the obsolete part. 128dgrees C

Digi-Key Part Number 317-1133-ND
                            Manufacturer Cantherm
                            Manufacturer Product Number SDF DF128S
                            Supplier Cantherm
                            Description TCO 250VAC 10A 128C (262F) AXIAL
                            Manufacturer Standard Lead Time 7 Weeks
                            Detailed Description Thermal Cutoff (TCO) AC DC 128°C (262°F) Axial
                            Customer Reference

Comment

When I asked about the mains fuse, I meant the AC fuse in the fuseholder. It has to be small enough that it will blow before the thermal fuse in the transformer.
                              That's why I figured it can not be a 1A rated thermal. Then it is going to blow before the AC fuse. There would be no point in having an AC mains fuse then.
                              So the Digikey 10A makes sense to me.

Comment

Thanks, I think I get it.
                                i pulled the main fuse and it’s a 5A, the casing says 10a so I guess I should have looked closer.
                                I think you are saying a 1A fuse will blow before a 5A which makes the 5A sorta useless in protecting the transformer?

Comment

Working...
                                X