GK 250ML Speakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GK 250ML Speakers

Click image for larger version  Name:	GK Speakers.jpg Views:	0 Size:	114.5 KB ID:	936984

I have never come across this before. The speaker on the left was pulled from this guitar amp and has a cloth surround. The one on the right was pulled from the same model but is round with a foam surround (that I recently replaced). I've own 3 of these amps and all have had the speakers on the right. Has anyone came across the square flanged speakers in these GK amps?

Attached Files

My guess is that it's a replacement from a previous repair.
    "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Finding a replacement speaker in an amp is not an unusual experience.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

They do tend to rot. (as you have found first hand).
        Certainly looks like a replacement.

Comment

I tend to agree that someone at some point replaced the original however I have doubts being the nuts that secures it had a coating on them that looked factory as if to keep them from vibrating loose.

Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210720_093725027.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	1.46 MB
ID:	937012

Comment

Loctite. Or even fingernail polish. Over the years I have doped screw threads many times.
            Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Yup.
              Same here.

Comment

I use hot pink. No one else does, so I can usually see if I've been in something before.
                Originally posted by Enzo
                I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Um, actually that is the color I used to use too. Whatever ugly shade that was on clearance, works for me.

Comment

i use a pretty purple shade.
                    nosaj
                    soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

Whatever leftover color the wife doesn't like anymore!

Comment

Originally posted by drewl View Post
                        Whatever leftover color the wife doesn't like anymore!

Comment

Fluorescent Orange.
                          I know my work!
                          Last edited by Jazz P Bass; 07-21-2021, 03:11 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

I do not use red which is most common and easy to get by user to hide his clumsy repair attempts but something wild, such as peach with metal flakes or even better, a few drops of my classic "bluish battle grey" front panel colour which I mix on purpose and use since the 70īs.

Try to get *that* faker!!!

Same to paint some choice ceramic caps if I want to hide some circuit details.

Gooping of painting the full board is murderous, resistors re measured in 5 seconds so why bother? but ceramic caps are another thing: values are printed with numbers, not color bands, and on a softish ceramic layer, so easy to scratch off, and same size "lentil" can be 100pF x 1000V or .01uF x 50V and anything in between.
                            Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Well the only color the wife would give up was some butt ugly brownish color

Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210721_155605819.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	3.09 MB
ID:	937124

Comment

Working...
                              X