JBL EON 515XT No Power On

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by g1 View Post
    The logo light is on the front grille, isn't it? You said you measured at the leads to the light, a picture of what you measured would help.
    The logo is glued on to front looks like, it won't pop out with a screwdriver and the housing is holding has a lip all the way around control panel so it won't pop out when screws from inside the housing are removed. Saw someone somewhere also talking about no access to control module. Wondered if anyone may have had experience with it. There's a guy on YouTube goes by jaguc smoke in UK that works on alot of these and he didn't have anything about the logo light so it may have to stay not working. Maybe I'll email JBL about it.

Comment

pg.3 of the file called 'eon515.pdf' from post #5 shows how the unit all fits together.
      Originally posted by Enzo
      I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

pg.3 of the file called 'eon515.pdf' from post #5 shows how the unit all fits together.
        Thanks for that. Removing thirty-three (33) pan head screws to grille now.

Comment

Actually, removing 15"(265F-1) gives access to one(1) screw that holds logo in place. Not necessary to remove grille. Here's the board behind logo(photo) Click image for larger version

Name:	1668356414217446781230382890983.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	851.0 KB
ID:	972987

Comment

Test it like a diode.
            nosaj
            soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by nosaj View Post
              Test it like a diode.
              nosaj
              Diode test(2.6v/OL) and light comes on. Click image for larger version

Name:	16683585731318711765553648582666.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	1.20 MB
ID:	972990

Comment

Switched the leads and now light comes on in reverse, on is off, off is on. Bad switch or bad led board? Click image for larger version

Name:	16683604159202879099694616041734.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	1.40 MB
ID:	972995

Comment

Originally posted by ca7922303 View Post
                  Switched the leads and now light comes on in reverse, on is off, off is on. Bad switch or bad led board?
                  If it didn't work before, and now working, chances are a dirty switch that cleaned itself with a little exercise, or a bad solder joint that got wiggled.
                  Reverse operation sounds like a 2 pin connector somewhere that is backwards.

I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

What did you mean, 'switch the leads', the leads to the light? LED are polarized, so it will work backwards if you switch the leads.

Comment

What did you mean, 'switch the leads', the leads to the light? LED are polarized, so it will work backwards if you switch the leads.
                      Yeah, swapped the light leads and now it works backwards. On is off, off is on on the logo light switch. Won't work at all when leads are swapped back.

Comment

Can you pop the switch out of the panel and turn it around?

Comment

Can you pop the switch out of the panel and turn it around?
                          Don't see a way to get control module out. Contacted JBL and they of course want me to mail it to them is they're response.

Comment

Everything can be taken apart, removed and repaired there.
                            Don't break the machine.
                            The Logo LED has the polarity on.
                            What difference does it make to you if you pressed it on or if you pressed it off?​

Comment

Doesn't matter to me while I use it, but if I ever give it to someone else, others are more maticulous than I am maybe, but I'm good with it for now.

Comment

Working...
                              X