Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jon Snell View Post
    So ... the psu is faulty yes or no.
    U8 U11 ... schematic of your board would be useful, save us guessing.
    You state 156volts. From where to where?
    Part of the problem with this amp is there are multiple power supplies, correct? It goes directly from mains to a full wave rectifier, I assume that is where the 156V is coming from (but there shouldn't be +/-), the SMPS circuit with T2 creates the main +/-55V rails, T3 does the +/-15V and +300V (for the tube only). T1 is just for switch driving, I think. Verifying if the voltages that are derived from the T2 and T3 secondaries seems like the necessary next step.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Snell View Post
      So ... the psu is faulty yes or no.
      U8 U11 ... schematic of your board would be useful, save us guessing.
      You state 156volts. From where to where?
      Can you tell me how to determine if PSU is faulty? Also, not sure what you mean by 156v from where to where?

Comment

Originally posted by glebert View Post

Part of the problem with this amp is there are multiple power supplies, correct? It goes directly from mains to a full wave rectifier, I assume that is where the 156V is coming from (but there shouldn't be +/-), the SMPS circuit with T2 creates the main +/-55V rails, T3 does the +/-15V and +300V (for the tube only). T1 is just for switch driving, I think. Verifying if the voltages that are derived from the T2 and T3 secondaries seems like the necessary next step.
        Can you clarify on the next step of verifying if the voltages are derived from T2/T3 secondaries? Thanks.

Comment

Bought the main power board for $275.00 and all is good.

Comment

Working...
          X