Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fishman Fluence modern pups custom wiring ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishman Fluence modern pups custom wiring ?

Hi,

I'm planning on setting up my Schecter demon-7 with a set of Fishman Fluence Modern pups and have drafted a modified version of the Fishman wiring diagram. I'd say I understand the basics of how guitar circuits/components work but still have minimal experience modifying them, so would really appreciate any feedback you can give.

a) Would this circuit actually work? While the guitar only has 1 vol, 1 tone and a 3-way toggle switch for now, I'd like to be able to exploit as many of the features of the pups as possible (I can figure out where to place the additional switches later).

b) Is there a more efficient way of doing this? Specifically for the HF tilt and V1 low gain options. I'm not averse to incorporating alternative switches (rotary, 5-way etc.), but not sure what would work best.

c) What is the difference between the two switch wiring options I've highlighted in the bottom right-hand corner? Is it necessary to connect the ground wire across both sides? I'm asking as the existing diagram also does this for the tone control pot (no. 2) but given the mechanics of the switch, I can't see why.

This is the original Fishman diagram I started with: https://www.fishman.com/wp-content/u...ng-Diagram.pdf

Definitely caught the modding bug through lockdown, seems like there's a few learning hurdles to get over first!
    Many thanks if you can help.

Click image for larger version  Name:	fishman fluence modern wiring.png Views:	0 Size:	211.7 KB ID:	927952
Working...
X