Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

guitar fetish pro strat pup set

Originally posted by Mike Sulzer View Post
    Exactly, and steel poles have a higher permeability than Alnico, which means that the pickup with steel has more output and a lower resonant frequency than with Alnico. (The steel also has higher eddy current losses, and thus a broader resonant peak and a somewhat different sound.) So if you wanted to make a cheap pickup with the same output as a real Fender, you would use steel poles so you could use fewer turns. Then you would use a smaller diameter wire so that the resistance (a measurement anyone could make) would look about right. You use ceramic magnet(s) because they are cheap, although once you have steel poles, the type of magnet (outside the coil) is not so important. You do not worry too much about whether the resonant frequency is right because you are just trying to get something to sell cheap.

So if you put in Alnico pole pieces, you have no reason to think that the result is any closer to the real thing. It could well have too high a resonant frequency and too little output, and sound thin, as BT said it might.

Best idea is get some real pickups..
    Ok, gotta expend seventy usd 1963 or 1959
    Which is the one to choose?

Comment

I doubt you will get any Guitar Fetish Pickup recommendations here?
      Since most here make and sell pickups!
      This is the wrong forum category for that.
      You might try the Guitar Tech category.
      http://music-electronics-forum.com/f9/
      T
      Last edited by big_teee; 12-07-2015, 08:56 PM.
      "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
      Terry

Comment

lowest output

Originally posted by big_teee View Post
        I doubt you will get any Guitar Fetish Pickup recommendations here?
        Since most here make and sell pickups!
        This is the wrong forum category for that.
        You might try the Guitar Tech category.
        Guitar Tech
        T
        I figured it out, the lowest output, why, because of the seven ecc83 gain stages cascaded would be more compatible, averting "excessive" blaring, un-useabilty for ranging either or both, guitar pots and amp's. realize mere 12rms mvac @ 1khz input is more than enough to contour coveted soft clip wetness

Comment

Working...
        X