No announcement yet.

Greetings from Japan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SO basically: Give him your money first...He orders what you need at a discounted price. You wait for your stuff to be produced and shipped??
    Wolfe put his word behind this guy. Thats shitty business of him to not have his Items and pricelist available and wolfe backing him up. Get it together monto...You owe wolfe a public appology too!!
    Nicely said Kevin!!!

Comment

It's only been two and a half weeks since he originally posted. It looked like at that point he was starting from scratch. It seems a bit hasty to me to be so negative about this. Understandably everyone's anxious, but expecting him to be up and running full speed after two weeks is somewhat unrealistic. I'm taking a wait, and see attitude. If he gets it together it's great. If not it wouldn't be the first time people were let down when sourcing parts.

Comment

Here's the deal.

Montreux is my Japanese distributor, yes. I've been working with him for almost five years now. I also buy some parts from him as well.
        Montreux is starting from scratch here. I'm helping him put together suppliers and such that will be able to supply good quality parts at reasonable costs and with reasonable order amounts. Any parts he may get from me will have NO "first markup" (IE: I won't be marking up my cost to him for parts he may get from me)
        I'm at the NAMM show now, working the various parts suppliers to obtain these parts for YOU. I spoken directly with the companies who represent the company that Allparts gets their stuff from, as well as the parent company of Guitar Jones. Delays are largely my issues, because of being so busy preparing for NAMM I have not had a lot of time to get him some needed info.
        We're also working on a 25,000+ order of polepiece slugs for humbuckers. These parts are sheer perfection, I can promise you that.

It's been two weeks. This stuff does take time. Wagner has been talking about covers and base plates to me for three years now. I spoke with TV Jones today - his humbucker covers project has taken him over a year to complete...

We're working on sorting out his pricing issues as well.

Don't bust his chops, because if you do, you're also busting my chops as well. Montreux owes me NOTHING, especially an apology. If anything, I owe him for what he has done for me in the Japanese market. This is why I am helping him get this shit together....for you, for him, and for me.

Give it some time to get sorted. You're not going to dry up and float away.

Comment

Give him some time.....sheesh....

Montreaux comes with Wolfe's seal of approval and he told you guys he's putting this stuff together, so give him time and cut him some slack, he's not another BS guy with air for brains, be patient this time please.

I think this is going to be a good year for parts issues, stay tuned....
          http://www.SDpickups.com
          Stephens Design Pickups

Comment

Someone explain to me why should I place an order when I have no idea what the goods are?
            One man's recommendation may be great for some and hopelessly inappropriate for others.
            This is no different from buying a house before it's built without seeing the plans.

I'm not busting anyone's chops but hey, I've got form and no fear............
            sigpic Dyed in the wool

Comment

yeah...I agree....it is jumping the gun a bit to expect anyone to get a business started from scratch in two weeks...believe me I know...

My statement wasn't meant to bust anybody's chops or directed to anyone personally, but more of a general statment of frustration about the blow hards that come on board the forum and talk trash about supplying parts and then disappear

I am very positive and enthusiastic about Montreux setting himself up as a parts supplier especially now that andy c. is no longer selling parts. It is always a good thing to have multiple suppliers available as everybody knows.

We are all eager to see what he has to offer and probably a bit impatient.
              www.guitarforcepickups.com

Comment

I too am a bit excited if everything works out.

Hell I could desperately use some tele flats and baseplates and mags. Stewmacs I can make do with but I do not like their baseplates. I was trying to get out of the tele pickups alltogether but the few parts i had left and wound up and sold caused quite a stir and now have tele orders coming in???? Go 3 years and sell like 2 then all at once I have like 5 orders?????

Also Tax time is here and I plan to make a heavy order by mid February, parts, wire etc..... SO C'mon Monty, we all need stuff. Thanks Wolfe for taking the time to help set him up to benefit the rest of us, you didn't have to do anything at all....

Comment

Originally posted by WolfeMacleod View Post
                  Here's the deal.

Montreux is my Japanese distributor, yes. I've been working with him for almost five years now. I also buy some parts from him as well.
                  Montreux is starting from scratch here. I'm helping him put together suppliers and such that will be able to supply good quality parts at reasonable costs and with reasonable order amounts. Any parts he may get from me will have NO "first markup" (IE: I won't be marking up my cost to him for parts he may get from me)
                  I'm at the NAMM show now, working the various parts suppliers to obtain these parts for YOU. I spoken directly with the companies who represent the company that Allparts gets their stuff from, as well as the parent company of Guitar Jones. Delays are largely my issues, because of being so busy preparing for NAMM I have not had a lot of time to get him some needed info.
                  We're also working on a 25,000+ order of polepiece slugs for humbuckers. These parts are sheer perfection, I can promise you that.

It's been two weeks. This stuff does take time. Wagner has been talking about covers and base plates to me for three years now. I spoke with TV Jones today - his humbucker covers project has taken him over a year to complete...

Don't bust his chops, because if you do, you're also busting my chops as well. Montreux owes me NOTHING, especially an apology. If anything, I owe him for what he has done for me in the Japanese market. This is why I am helping him get this shit together....for you, for him, and for me.

Nicely put man. A small waiting game to get things Organized...

Comment

Originally posted by WolfeMacleod View Post
                    Here's the deal.

Good stuff. I hope it happens sooner than later since Andrew isn't selling parts anymore and Pat isn't answering e-mail/phone messages (is he at NAMM?). I look forward to some quality parts, without the current availability issues. Thanks again for bringing this about.

Comment

• Originally posted by Montreux View Post
                      Dear, sirs

Does somebody know who is making Fender USA 5 strings P-bass pickups ?
                      Maybe 2004 model and split style like regular P-bass.
                      One bobbin is for 1st to 3rd strings and the other is for 4th and 5th strings.
                      If I had to guess I'd say Seymour Duncan/Evan Scopp is the one to ask first.

Comment

• Originally posted by WolfeMacleod View Post
                        I spoken directly with the companies who represent the company that Allparts gets their stuff from, as well as the parent company of Guitar Jones...

Please... some bass parts too! Guitar Jones wants big minimum orders to get WSC parts, and Allparts doesn't stock all the stuff they should.

I'll be in line here placing orders when the time comes.
                        It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
                        www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

• Originally posted by David Schwab View Post
                          Please... some bass parts too! Guitar Jones wants big minimum orders to get WSC parts, and Allparts doesn't stock all the stuff they should.

I'll be in line here placing orders when the time comes.
                          Yep, working on bass parts too.

Patrick is at NAMM. I spoke to his uncle last year about his problems keeping up with orders, returning calls, and such. I re-affirmed this yet again.

I spoke with another pickups company today who says they can and will supply parts as well. Some interesting stuff, I think. We'll see about quality soon I hope.

Before we leave for home tomorrow, Ill be making one more quick trip through to talk to another place or two.

Comment

• list

Everybody, finally I upload price list and some photos at ;

http://www.digifield.jp/montreux/pu_price_list.html

This is temporary URL and now I'm setting up my own website.

Samples are not free of charge because I'm poor Japanese just started my own business.

If you have question, samples order etc..., please send me an e-mail directly.
                            I've already got lots of e-mails before, but please resend e-mail because 2 weeks passed from my first offer.

Thanks !

Comment

• Looks like pretty nice stuff. The minimums are looking a lot like Guitar Jones actually.
                              Min 12 covers at 5.00 each= 60.00
                              Baseplates Min 12 at 3.80 each= 45.60

Etc... you see where i am going with this? It wont take much of the mins of each item to put you at the 3 to 5 hundred dollar minimum like Guitar Jones had. I for one am not a rich man, hell I live paycheck to paycheck these days so it is going to be very hard for me to even get in the game with montr.....

Oh well, I guess it's still all parts and stew mac for me... Dammit

Comment

• Originally posted by madialex View Post
                                Looks like pretty nice stuff. The minimums are looking a lot like Guitar Jones actually.
                                Min 12 covers at 5.00 each= 60.00
                                Baseplates Min 12 at 3.80 each= 45.60

Etc... you see where i am going with this? It wont take much of the mins of each item to put you at the 3 to 5 hundred dollar minimum like Guitar Jones had. I for one am not a rich man, hell I live paycheck to paycheck these days so it is going to be very hard for me to even get in the game with montr.....

Oh well, I guess it's still all parts and stew mac for me... Dammit
                                I don't mind these minimums as much as when I wanted to order some WSC EMG-40 size soapbar covers from GJ. At $3.50 each and a minimum of 200 pieces... or the bobbins at $1.20 at 300 pieces. That was way out of my budget! Especially for generic covers.

Montreux, can you get some of the more modern bass pickup parts? I could use those covers. (EMG-35, and 40 mostly).
                                It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
                                www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Working...
                                X