Originally posted by -Elepro- View Post
    pcb.... near to finish....
    Single sided?
    -Brad

ClassicAmplification.com

Comment

Originally posted by RedHouse View Post
      Single sided?
      yes, but it will have many wire jump...... in project it is a double side (watch rendering).... i'm too lazy in pcb making

i added a optocoupler to protect pic output..... so anyone can make experiment with own tensioner without risk for pic....
      Attached Files
      .......my gaussmeter project..... ........
      .......first pickup with my cnc winder........

.... NEW cnc pickup winder user manual.....

Comment

yes, but it will have many wire jump...... in project it is a double side (watch rendering).... i'm too lazy in pcb making

i added a optocoupler to protect pic output..... so anyone can make experiment with own tensioner without risk for pic....
        Jumpers are fine with me. I'd rather use a jumper that have to implement bazzar routing just to avoid jumpers. The reason I asked is because I'm not set up for making double-sided PCBs. I've done double sided but they take 4-times as long to make.

The optocoupler is a nice touch, build-in some robustness.

Do you recommend any specific motor controllers?
        -Brad

ClassicAmplification.com

Comment

Maybe we should start a new thread for the Z-meter?
          [QUOTE=-Elepro-;114325]it already was in my mind.... would you like a graphic display with frequency graph? ....... /QUOTE]

I figured as much.

I would like a red led and a green led, red means bad, green means good or maybe the other way around. I have no idea what I'd be doing with this device, only that others consider it important to have and I don't want to be the last kid on the block to have one.

If I could print out little frequency graphs to sell with each pickup, I'm sure I could get more money from customers (who are too embarrassed to ask what it all means.) If they do ask I can always refer them to the Q-tuner website...

I guess it would be nice to get a lot of "waterfall" data via a frequency sweep for testing new pickups designs but it would also be useful to get quick and simple "pass/fail" measurements to pickups I'm making by the dozens...

Comment

Originally posted by David Schwab View Post
            Oh this is getting good... I can have all the gadgets I need and at a DIY price!

(we need a "drool" emoticon!)
            Free Drool Emoticons & Drool Smileys ~ Clip Art Of.com

Comment

thanks Joe... always i follow out your post about this argument.... and your help is too appreciate... could you send me diagram by PM?
              For PM, what's the size limit? There are two files, one 264 Kbytes and the other 688 Kbytes. If these are too large, please send me a direct email address by PM.

Comment

(In Homer voice) Mmmmmmmm, (cheap) inductance meter....
                It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
                www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Originally posted by RedHouse View Post
                  Do you recommend any specific motor controllers?
                  any commercial bibolar stepper motor driver with direction and step(clock) input signals and 2-4 amp output is ok....

i like l297 - l6203 board based..... this could be a simple diy solution....
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by -Elepro-; 08-01-2009, 08:17 AM.

Comment

the winder firmware is completed

Redhouse, i'll send you the PICs for your test in this week....

bye

Comment

• we have to decide if we want test a complete DIY solution (with DIY motor drivers too) or with commercial drivers....

Comment

• Originally posted by -Elepro- View Post
                        we have to decide if we want test a complete DIY solution (with DIY motor drivers too) or with commercial drivers....
                        Good point, which is least expensive?
                        -Brad

ClassicAmplification.com

Comment

• DIY ought to be cheaper provided that the PCB can be ordered up at a reasonable cost and that we could source the chips from ebay or equivalent. Motors also need to be surplus or used to keep costs reasonable. I think I priced new motors pwr supply and driver boards at $200 otherwise.

Comment

• Originally posted by RedHouse View Post
                            Good point, which is least expensive?
                            - i think that to have a good reliability it's better to have two 4 Ampere drivers (if we use 2ampere motors too)....

- high output tension allow high rpm (stepper motor hardly cross the 600-700 rpm limit... for this my firmware mange 1/1 2/1 4/1 gear motor ratios) .... so i suggest a driver that can provide at least 30v

watch the driver in my previous render, it is a simple solution and its schematic is suggested in l6203 datasheet (i use it for many years but with different pcb...now i made new pcb for this application) it provide 4A at 45volt....

watch this links for IC costs

5X l6203 ....we need 4 ic for two drivers (but have a spare part it isn't a bad thing)

l297 we need 2

try to find better price....
                            watch schematic for other components
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by -Elepro-; 08-17-2009, 09:06 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Elepro- View Post
                              - i think that to have a good reliability it's better to have two 4 Ampere drivers (if we use 2ampere motors too)....

- high output tension allow high rpm (stepper motor hardly cross the 600-700 rpm limit... for this my firmware mange 1/1 2/1 4/1 gear motor ratios) .... so i suggest a driver that can provide at least 30v

watch the driver in my previous render, it is a simple solution and its schematic is suggested in l6203 datasheet (i use it for many years but with different pcb...now i made new pcb for this application) it provide 4A at 45volt....

watch this links for IC costs

5X l6203 ....we need 4 ic for two drivers (but have a spare part it isn't a bad thing)

l297 we need 2

try to find better price....
                              watch schematic for other components
                              Quick check with Mouser, L297 $13.33 (M# 511-L297) and L6203 $12.19 (M# 511-L6203). Found some L297 on eBay for $4.95 (+$3.95 Shp) and some L6203 on the Bay at $6.95 (+$1.73 Shp).

I believe I'll be able to make the PCB for the test unit so I won't need to order that.

What motors are right for this? in browsing 'round for Stepper motors I see quite a few different offerings, frame types, they seem to follow an industry standard, what motor did you use Elepro?.
                              Last edited by RedHouse; 08-17-2009, 01:44 PM.
                              -Brad

ClassicAmplification.com

Comment

• here's complete driver project... (we need 2)
                                i don't know how you make photo etching then check pcb image for the right side....

resistor from R8 to R15 are 2watt
                                capacitor from c1 to c3 are .2" pitch and c4 to c13 are .3" pitch

about motor:

at this moment i use two surplus 2ampere/phase nema23 bipolar stepper....
                                but i perhaps will change the main for have more torque so i'll can mount a 2/1 pulley transmission and have 2X speed..... now i have 600rpm

good motors for us have 2volt (yes 2 volt but we supply 30 or more.... inductance mistery ) and 1ohm/phase.... try to find 2 motors with this specification (or similar) at good price and then link me ...

about supply we can use a surplus pc at or atx power supply for +5 and +12
                                (and if you like a pc case for whole winder)

and transformer-bridge-smothcapacitor for motor supply (motors don't need stabilized voltage).....
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X