No announcement yet.

cnc winder controller board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .... and here is the controller board.... i'll test tomorrow.....
    Attached Files
    .......my gaussmeter project..... ........
    .......first pickup with my cnc winder........

.... NEW cnc pickup winder user manual.....

Comment

• this is perfect..... so push buttons and display are at same height (display top surface height is 20mm in my prototype)
      Attached Files

Comment

• but... did you buy IC for motor drivers?

note that the pcb of motor driver in the project posted is not tested..... (schematic it is.... but wth different pcb design)

i bought ICs for pcb test... so if you want you can wait me....

Comment

• Elepro, can the traverse portion of this controller work independantly from the winding motor part? many here already have a decent winder and would probably like to add just the traverse and turns-counter part of this project to their existing machine.

Also:
          Originally posted by -Elepro- View Post
          DC = (AC * 1.414) - 1.4v...... (1.4v is the diode bridge drop and 1.414 is the rms value)

max tension for l6203 is 48volt then i thnk that a 24-30 volt AC transformer is good and keep DC in fail-safe value (with main tension peak too)
          How much current will the motors need?

but... did you buy IC for motor drivers?

note that the pcb of motor driver in the project posted is not tested..... (schematic it is.... but wth different pcb design)

i bought ICs for pcb test... so if you want you can wait me....
          No, I have not yet aquired motor driver ICs.

Yes please do your testing first, my time is short and my list is long.

BTW, I received the PIC's in the mail today, I will be making the main controller PCB tonight or tomorrow.

this is perfect..... so push buttons and display are at same height (display top surface height is 20mm in my prototype)

What is that part number and where did you find it?
          Last edited by RedHouse; 09-01-2009, 01:51 PM.
          -Brad

ClassicAmplification.com

Comment

• I agree with Red House that it would be very useful to be able to pair this traverse system to an existing winder. (One with a manual speed controller on the spindle.) I was looking at the maxwell website and that's how their traverse works, it just needs a pulse and direction input from the winder to sync up the traverse.

Perhaps there's an easy way to reprogram the pic to do this for now? When just driving the traverse I think we might be able to reduce the driver amperage (and expense) considerably...

Red House; the proposed drivers have an amp output of 4A each so I'm guessing the supply needs to be capable of at least that much.

Comment

• Originally posted by RedHouse View Post
              Elepro, can the traverse portion of this controller work independantly from the winding motor part?
              no, traverse can't work in syncro without stepper motor at main too....

that could be another project... with a sensor on main shaft (with many pulse per ride) pic could measure speed and synchronize traverse

but this project do not has any sensor.....

Originally posted by RedHouse View Post
              How much current will the motors need?
              4ampere.....(2A each one)

No, I have not yet aquired motor driver ICs.

Yes please do your testing first, my time is short and my list is long.
              ok... i orderd ICs... when i come back from holiday i will test the pcb motor driver
              BTW, I received the PIC's in the mail today, I will be making the main controller PCB tonight or tomorrow.
              ok, let me know when you turn on it

What is that part number and where did you find it?
              Tyco Electronics | Relè, switch e indicatori | Interruttori | Interruttori/Tastiere a sfioramento | Tattili |FSM16JH

these are 17mm

Comment

• Originally posted by David King View Post
                Red House; the proposed drivers have an amp output of 4A each so I'm guessing the supply needs to be capable of at least that much.
                output current is adjustable....(here's a trimmer).... I use 2A motor

Comment

• There's a guy on craigslist selling some 2.2A stepper drivers with built-in 120-240V power supplies for $22 ea. Near Knoxville TN. He's also got them listed on ebay. I don't think you could beat the price considering there's a power supply attached. I've ordered two of them though they may go very quickly at that price.

They were made by General Controls Electronics in Elk Grove, IN

Comment

• I've been looking at steppers on Ebay and come up with some linear stepper actuators:
                    I think these would work for the traverse part.
                    STEPPER MOTOR LEADSCREW LA23GCKB-1 LINEAR ACTUATOR - eBay (item 140339581593 end time Sep-12-09 07:41:55 PDT)

He seems to have a bunch of them available.
                    Here's the data sheet:
                    http://servosystems.com/ead_actuators_size23.pdf

Perhaps elepro could comment on the suitability?
                    4 V/phase, nema23, 56 lb (27kg) of linear force.

There are lots of motors available for the spindle drive that are very cheap
                    but these look like they would save us some steps... <bad pun>

Comment

• Originally posted by David King View Post
                      I've been looking at steppers on Ebay and come up with some linear stepper actuators:
                      I think these would work for the traverse part.
                      STEPPER MOTOR LEADSCREW LA23GCKB-1 LINEAR ACTUATOR - eBay (item 140339581593 end time Sep-12-09 07:41:55 PDT)

He seems to have a bunch of them available.
                      Here's the data sheet:
                      http://servosystems.com/ead_actuators_size23.pdf

Perhaps elepro could comment on the suitability?
                      4 V/phase, nema23, 56 lb (27kg) of linear force.

There are lots of motors available for the spindle drive that are very cheap
                      but these look like they would save us some steps... <bad pun>
                      That one looks interesting David, comes with the lead screw built-in.

I too have been browsing for stepper motors, there are sure a lot of different permutations.

Elepro said to look for motors that have like 2volt/1ohm/2Amp. The Ohms seem low to me but that is what he said, and most motors I've been seeing are like 12 to 17 Ohm.

I almost bought these the other day 13 Vexta PK244-02BA Stepper Motors w/ Avago Encoders the encoders would have been nice for later use, but before I could get a confirmation of their suitabilty ...they were gone.

Sometimes I feel the cart has come before the horse on this project. We have a controller ready but no information/specifications on the motors or their controllers. At least with the gauss meter project we had definate parameters like for instance on the LCD module better then "get one like this...". I'm sitting here with these PICs and a circuit board and can't move forward not for lack of trying either, I've been googling and surfing up a storm trying to ramp-up on this and at the same time find some motors that are affordable.

Which brings up another good point, anyone notice how these stepper motors are like $65-$300 from any reputable retailer? doesn't look good for a group-buy unless we can find a seller like the one I missed out on. eBay is definately going to be our only chance at getting suitable parts for this project but in group quantitys? ...well who knows.
                      (unlike the gauss meter project I mean)
                      Last edited by RedHouse; 09-09-2009, 11:25 PM.
                      -Brad

ClassicAmplification.com

Comment

• Brad,
                        thanks for keeping up on the homework.
                        I'm just realizing how steep a learning curve there is with steppers and motion control but I'm pretty sure that Elepro is right when he says his pic will work with any stepper-driver combination. All we need to do is choose a driver and stepper that will work together.

I'm hoping that 1.5V and 4V are going close enough to 2V to keep us in business.

What I've learned today is that the torque curve for a particular motor determines what it's usefulness is at high speeds. Holding torque isn't very indicative of torque at 600rpm (top speed).

The other thing I learned is about "mid-band instability" where the motors just sort of fade out at moderate speeds. A good driver will have some sort of mid-band compensation to keep the thing running.

Comment

• Originally posted by RedHouse View Post
                          That one looks interesting David, comes with the lead screw built-in.
                          Is it worthwhile picking one up? It's a damn good price.
                          It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
                          www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

• the driver posted by David King could be a good solution at best price.... and it has rectifier bridge and smooth capacitor for motor power supply....

yesterday i finished my driver and today i will test it....
                            ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

about motor with leadscrew: my controller work only with 1mm pitch leadscrew......
                            this is a good motor at same price

NEMA 23 - Minebea Stepper 23KM-K255U - Brand NEW! - CNCzone.com-Classifieds Buy and Selling

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

note that low voltage, low resistane (and inductance) is better for have high rpm with low motor voltage (30volt)(this with all drivers... not only with mine)
                            if you have a motor with high resistance and inductance you need 100volt for have 600 rpm

bye

Comment

• this is cheap stepper heaven:

Stepper Motors | Alltronics

Comment

• my two L297-L6203 drivers (the small one is the new)
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by -Elepro-; 09-10-2009, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X