Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I haven't logged on in a while and am very sad to be reading this. I've been coming to this forum off and on for the last 10 years with stupid questions as I fumble my way through teaching myself electronics repair and I am pretty sure 75% of my problems I came here with were solved graciously and expertly by Enzo. I don't know him personally, but always enjoyed the fact that he was from my home town of Lansing. It's truly humbling to see how many lives he has touched over the years. Rest in peace Enzo!

Comment

• Originally posted by corliss1 View Post
      Today's event was great - thank you SO MUCH to everyone who showed up.

I have a giveaway to share for you all, so you can get something from Enzo one last time. I commissioned this run of guitar picks to share at the event, and would like to offer them to forum members here as well. I'll be sending these out within the US for free to anyone who asks. Please limit yourself to 10 - that will get you one whole set if you want one of each color. They are all standard Fender medium picks:

Click image for larger version

Name:	310122046_557776156105373_7898312126753165586_n.png
Views:	591
Size:	446.9 KB
ID:	969836

Name:	309598821_639676934460865_3923327151466652917_n.jpg
Views:	573
Size:	121.3 KB
ID:	969838

Just send me a PM with your shipping info, how many you want, and which colors using the number at the top, and I'll get them sent out.
      #2 glows in the dark i was rather suprised when i saw it Kinda like a Monty python illumination

Saint Enzo The Sumo Snowboarder of the Repair Gods.
      nosaj
      soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

• Ohman, I didn't even notice those were glow-in-the-dark! Very cool.
        RJ

Comment

• And seriously, I got these as a gift so you all could have one final thing from the man, so don't feel bad for messaging me and requesting some! There's plenty to go around.
          RJ

Comment

• My Enzo pics arrived today. I have my #2 mounted on my keyboard awaiting the glow in the dark show tonight.
            Thanks corliss1
            Cheers,
            Tom

Comment

• I got mine today, too. Thanks, corliss1! I'm thinking of framing them and hanging in the shop.
              "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

• I got my Enzo picks today too! Very cool thoughtful gift that encapsulates the Enzo spirit. Thanks again Corliss!!

edit: had to add the pic of the pick glowing in the dark.

Attached Files
                Last edited by DrGonz78; 10-13-2022, 05:38 AM.
                When the going gets weird... The weird turn pro!

Comment

• Havn't visited MEF as I've been busy with life and work, but I wanted to pay my respects to Enzo. He has given me a lot of really good, succinct, no-subjectivity advice over the years, including guiding me through my very first amp repair. RIP my dude, you were one legendary techie.

Comment

• I too just received the Enzo pic's you sent, and the large image of is face. I'd never seen a photo of Enzo until his passing. Love the guitar picks!! Many thanks, Corliss!!

These glow in the dark??!! How cool....I hadn't yet noticed that until reading these most recent posts. I'll check that out tonight, as they're at home.
                    Logic is an organized way of going wrong with confidence

Comment

• I found this 'Enzo/ Wenzo 'pic' while going through my files.

Sadly missed, Click image for larger version

Name:	Enzo%20and%20Wenzo.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	3.6 KB
ID:	970884

Comment

• I too want to thank Corliss for sending the guitar pics and Enzo caricature. I thought it would be a good idea to post it over my work bench. It not only honors Enzo but will hopefully remind me of Enzo lessons and checklist items before I undertake a project or repair.

Name:	Tom's Bench.jpg
Views:	348
Size:	958.1 KB
ID:	970889
                        It's not just an amp, it's an adventure!

Comment

• Originally posted by TomCarlos View Post
                          I too want to thank Corliss for sending the guitar pics and Enzo caricature. I thought it would be a good idea to post it over my work bench. It not only honors Enzo but will hopefully remind me of Enzo lessons and checklist items before I undertake a project or repair.

Name:	Tom's Bench.jpg
Views:	348
Size:	958.1 KB
ID:	970889
                          This is an outstanding sentiment
                          "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
                          You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

• Enzo's posts on a forum always reminded me of an old saying:
                            "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day, teach him how to fish and you feed him for a lifetime"
                            Enzo did both, he gave the answer's we sought, but he also taught us how to find the answer by our self in the future.
                            He was a great teacher and a great man.

Comment

• I haven't been here in quite a while. Popped back to ask about an issue. So sorry to hear this. Enzo was such a great guy and helped me numerous times. Especially with my cantankerous old Peavey amp. I'm sure people will continue to visit this forum while searching for fixes and still read the wealth of knowledge he left behind here.
                              Rest In Peace dear fellow. The world is a more broken place without you.

Comment

• I was reading Enzo's memorial thread at the Peavey forum and I ran across this. Reposted by a member there from a thread back in 2010 this is Enzo's response to how his alias came to be. He actually shared the same here in 2017 but I thought it was fun so I wanted to share it here.

Enzo is just an Italian name - Enzo Ferrari comes to mind.

I was on the radio back in the mid 1960s, and I needed an air name with a little more zip than "Doug." I did a personality show, sorta like what has become the "morning zoo" shows that air these days. There was a singer making the rounds on TV shows at the time - Enzo Stuarte. He was one of those guys who belted out songs in a sorta semi-operatic style. Like Sergio Franci. He came on Johnny Carson one night and sang the Battle Hymn of the Republic. I swear to God. And he sounded darned sincere. Anyway, I took the name from him, and "the mighty Enzo" was born.

And now ladies and gentleman...the mighty Enzo, and his show!!!

I had a sound effect cart with Screaming Jay Hawkins saying "Mugh," and it played every time my name was mentioned on the air.

We would occasionally do some live signing - humerous originals - and I actually played guitar to back them up. That was before I realized that I sucked at guitar. SO my guitar playing has been on the radio. And I guess right about now, 45 light years away in outer space, some alien civilization is just picking up that signal. I can just imagine...

"Hey Norgg, listen to this. WHat do you make of it?"
                                "SOunds like garbage to me Kryll, clearly there is no intelligent life out there."
                                "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
                                You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Working...
                                X