X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So sorry to hear this,RIP Enzo.

Comment

I've been unsuccessfully fighting tears and troubling with what I might say here. I could write a pages long treatise about Enzo. What he was, what he still is and what it means. That would be typical of me in matters like this. But I decided that was inappropriate here. We all knew him and why and how much he matters. So instead I just really want to say what he meant to me.

This genre of electronics was still very new to me when I met Enzo here. An avocation that is now the better part of who I've become and all my learning has been done with the help of this forum. Enzo is a big reason for who I am now. Having been first a sage and then my mentor. Making himself personally and privately accessible and open to friendships as gracefully as his logic and troubleshooting. I'm feeling this as deeply as I ever have with the loss of family and close friends in the face to face world. As sad as I am now I know the day will come when can feel joy and be forever grateful for my time with him.
      "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
      You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Chuck H - if you wanted to send me a message with the more epic version, I'm happy to pass that along to family.
        RJ

Comment

Originally posted by Mick Bailey View Post
          At times he was asked if he'd consider writing a book and he did once say he'd put together some notes with that in mind. A book would have been a really nice thing.
          From his vast number of posts....more than 36,600 I believe, there has to be a vast amount of content he had composed that would be wonderful to sift thru and put together in his honor.
          Logic is an organized way of going wrong with confidence

Comment

And remember, there's another 9500 on the Peavey forums.
            RJ

Comment

Originally posted by nosaj View Post
              Everytime i smack an amp I'll remember him...The Enzo whack.
              He had some odd name for his shop at one time I asked him what it meant,,,,he said it roughly translated to Fat man who solders....

nosaj
              Yup The Enzo Whack!! I made a prototype for an Enzo Whacker mallet way back when...

Click image for larger version

Name:	EnzoWhacker1.0.jpg
Views:	344
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	967247
              When the going gets weird... The weird turn pro!

Comment

What is "the good life"? A question that philosophers and religious texts have tried to answer in many ways and languages for as long as we've lived in groups. The answer is clear: Just try and live your life in such a way that you would be remembered as fondly, and by as many people, as our dear Doug/Enzo is being remembered here. Doesn't take anything superhuman. It just requires human. The perplexing thing is how hard that can be for some folks. But hats off to those who've figured out how, and for whom it comes easy.

We're gonna miss him. I hope folks honour him by trying to follow his lead.

Comment

Very sad news indeed. Enzo was always willing to share his knowledge and guide you to think logically about the problems and solutions. He will be missed, but more importantly remembered very fondly by those whose lives he touched in one way or another. RIP Enzo.

Comment

Among other things he was a teacher and the most important thing he taught me was a way of thinking about circuits . That and " do you have your +/- 15 V ? "

Comment

Originally posted by corliss1 View Post
                      And remember, there's another 9500 on the Peavey forums.
                      Any direct links?

He also contributed at DIY Audio, those who know other places please post some links here,so as not to miss any.

FWIW I came here following a mysterious"Enzo" guy who had posted a lot of Yamaha Guitar amps schematics "somewhere" which I don´t remember today, meaning his contributions were in many places.

Searching for that user name eventually led here, it must have happened in early 2007, go figure.
                      Time runs!!!!!
                      Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Originally posted by J M Fahey View Post
                        Any direct links?
                        https://forums.peavey.com/viewtopic....a4b0e7#p339123
                        RJ

Comment

Search found 7247 results for Enzo on the peavey site. I have not been on that site for ages, looks like I got a lot of catch up reading for sure.

edit: you have to click the part of the link that says “Just a moment…” for the Enzo posts search page
                          When the going gets weird... The weird turn pro!

Comment

Some research implies that Enzo developed a tube damper for the Peavey Classic series amps that he could use whenever there was a mechanical, rather than electrical problem with the tubes. It's reported that Enzo did it first, then others copied the principal concept, if not the actual design for marketing and then Peavey eventually came up with their own version. I just read a thread on the Peavey forum where someone mentioned a device called the "Tube Tamer" offered by a parts vendor. Enzo was kind enough to post and say he had parts for a few more of his own system if the OP was interested. But never mentioned that it was his concept in the first place.
                            "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
                            You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Yup! Pretty sure he had a metal piece with some thick, heat-resistant foam in the bottom as anti-vibration pad, and it mounts like the TubeTamer system.
                              RJ

Comment

"Look for horses not zebras!"

Thanks for all the lessons, Enzo!
                                ~Semi-No0b Hobbyist~

Comment

Working...
                                X