Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very sad news. Thank you for sharing, Enzo!
    --
    I build and repair guitar amps
    http://amps.monkeymatic.com

Comment

What a loss!
      This forum will never be the same again.

Apart from huge knowledge I always admired the wisdom and patience.

Will miss and always remember you, Enzo.
      - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

I know it's been years since Enzo had his full shop up and running. I seem to recall he had passed along most of his gear to one or more younger technicians that were around to reap the benefits of his knowledge and wisdom. That which he continued to share with all of us to keep driving us all along the realm of this craft we're all involved in. I never met him, being on the other side of the country but always enjoyed the wisdom he imparted. He had that gift to say a whole lot with few words. I've been so thankful for sharing in his wisdom and knowledge,

Enzo, you will be deeply missed by all of us, and you made our lives all the richer with your presence. You will be sorely missed by all of us. Rest In Peace mate!
        Logic is an organized way of going wrong with confidence

Comment

This news leaves a hole in my heart.

Enzo, as others have said, was a wonderful source of knowledge and practical common sense and he was an award winning cook. See attached newspaper article.
          We had some great email correspondence starting in 2004 and I feel fortunate that I was able to visit with Enzo in 2015 when he was closing out his shop and take him to lunch. That was a great experience and I have a few items in my parts stash that I bought during his closeout sale. They will be a nice remembrance.

Heaven now has another Tech to help keep things running smoothly.
          I'll see you again on the other side Enzo.
          Attached Files

Comment

Tom Phillips - fast forward 30 years and they had a chili cookoff at "the home." He won, of course, but when they announced the winner they used his real name. Even Enzo looked around going "who is Doug?????"
            RJ

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Phillips View Post
              This news leaves a hole in my heart.

Enzo, as others have said, was a wonderful source of knowledge and practical common sense and he was an award winning cook. See attached newspaper article.
              We had some great email correspondence starting in 2004 and I feel fortunate that I was able to visit with Enzo in 2015 when he was closing out his shop and take him to lunch. That was a great experience and I have a few items in my parts stash that I bought during his closeout sale. They will be a nice remembrance.

Heaven now has another Tech to help keep things running smoothly.
              I'll see you again on the other side Enzo.
              AH......that explains some of the notable input he had on the What's for Dinner threads that I always enjoyed here, with many of Enzo's recipes he shared. I never knew his real name was Doug McCallum.

I haven't yet looked at all of his posts found under his Subscriptions. With more than 36,000 posts over the years here, there's some good reading ahead.
              Logic is an organized way of going wrong with confidence

Comment

This is just about the worst news I've heard in a while. Such a sweet and generous guy. Such a wealth of knowledge, and repository of wisdom. They don't make many like that. Not recently, and not in past. His retirement was short. I hope it was as sweet as he hoped for.

BTW, how did you learn of his passing?

Comment

I once privately messaged Enzo with the idea that with his cooperation, the collective could distill some of his wisdom into (this was sketchy on my part) a wiki or FAQ. He politely scoffed at the idea. He was a humble fellow and indeed will be sorely missed.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Hammer View Post
                    BTW, how did you learn of his passing?
                    We're close, personal friends

RJ

Comment

Such sad news, Enzo had an amazing breadth of knowledge and a very keen analytic mind. In addition to that he was an amazingly warm old hippy, happily redirect us newbs to logical thinking and, my highest praise; he assisted a multitude of us into becoming PEERs, sharing true fellowship.

He will be sorely missed and I would DEFINITELY love to send a small token of my gratitude to his family; they assisted ably in the making of a wonderful human.

Comment

tedmich - send me a PM and I'll be happy to facilitate that. I know it will be appreciated.
                        RJ

Comment

Very sad right now.
                          Condolences to the family.
                          RIP Enzo, you will be missed.
                          If it ain't broke I'll fix it until it is...
                          I have just enough knowledge to be dangerous...

Comment

Everytime i smack an amp I'll remember him...The Enzo whack.
                            He had some odd name for his shop at one time I asked him what it meant,,,,he said it roughly translated to Fat man who solders....

nosaj
                            soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

Sad sad sad.

He WILL be missed ... but more important, REMEMBERED, in a good way.

There´s Knowledge, and there´s Wisdom, both do not necessarily go together but he was the rare example of somebody who had both, by the truckload..

Couple that to Generosity and Humility (in the best meaning of it) and the combination is unbeatable.

Truly a Giant of our Modern Age,a beacon of light to guide us in the darkness.

Best desires to Ms Wenzo and his Son.
                              Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

I've always enjoyed reading Enzo's posts, especially the ones where there's a story about years gone by or when he was in the arcade business. Apart from his technical excellence, he had a wonderful philosophy in all manner of things - business, dealing with people, or the way he could help a stranger that had no technical knowledge to repair a complicated piece of equipment. Over the years I came to adopt a lot of his approaches and when faced with a challenge I automatically ask myself "How would Enzo do it?" or "What would Enzo do?" At times he was asked if he'd consider writing a book and he did once say he'd put together some notes with that in mind. A book would have been a really nice thing.

Out of the billions of people on this planet that have ever been and ever will be, there's an Enzo-sized space missing which will never be filled. Farewell, Enzo.

Comment

Working...
                                X