No announcement yet.

Laney TT50H No Outout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's possible I guess. I thought it had blown a couple times so that was why I asked. If you were able to measure voltages at V1 to V6 tube plate pins, and it didn't blow again, it may be ok now.
    Originally posted by Enzo
    I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

• Originally posted by g1 View Post
      It's possible I guess. I thought it had blown a couple times so that was why I asked. If you were able to measure voltages at V1 to V6 tube plate pins, and it didn't blow again, it may be ok now.
      Good idea, Laney is going to send a piggyback pushbutton switch FOC with the PIC. I also found that the 10k sm resistor mouser sent is to long, so either they'll find the right one(3.175mm), or Laney will have one. Meanwhile, got U2 soldered back in. Is there a way to check that U2 is good by checking resistance of other components on midi board like we did earlier? Thanks.

Comment

• Then that is good that they hadn't shipped the PIC yet. Sounds like good people there.
        About all you can check right now is that U6 pin3 to ground is not low resistance. And inspect U2 with magnifier to make sure there are no solder bridges.

Case code 1206 for smd resistor is 3.2mm x 1.6mm x .55mm thick, so these should be fine: https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail...ByqS9rRlh3o%3D
        I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Then that is good that they hadn't shipped the PIC yet. Sounds like good people there.
          About all you can check right now is that U6 pin3 to ground is not low resistance. And inspect U2 with magnifier to make sure there are no solder bridges.

Case code 1206 for smd resistor is 3.2mm x 1.6mm x .55mm thick, so these should be fine: https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail...ByqS9rRlh3o%3D
          Yeah, great customer service @ Laney. U6 pin #3 to ground is still 86 ohms and no solder bridges @U2. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by ca7922303 View Post
            U6 pin #3 to ground is still 86 ohms
            I hope that is because you put the bad PIC back in? I had forgot to mention it can be removed now. Remove it and recheck. If the 86 ohms goes away, put the PIC aside and label it as bad so it doesn't cause any confusion later.

Comment

I hope that is because you put the bad PIC back in? I had forgot to mention it can be removed now. Remove it and recheck. If the 86 ohms goes away, put the PIC aside and label it as bad so it doesn't cause any confusion later.
              Removed PIC now U6 pin #3 to ground(1.9k ohms).

Comment

• In my shop, when we had a bad part, we immediately clipped a leg or two off it, or bent them all up so it would not be inadvertently put into the good stock.
                Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Installed PIC, U6 pin #3 to ground(1.9k ohms). About to solder in R13.

Comment

Installed PIC, U6 pin #3 to ground(1.9k ohms). About to solder in R13.
                    Installed R13, U6 pin #3 to ground still(1.9k ohms).

Comment

Installed R13, U6 pin #3 to ground still(1.9k ohms).
                      Are there any tests I should run that would be a good idea before going full power?

Comment

• I think you should be good. Just make sure there is no danger of the board touching the other board.

Comment

I think you should be good. Just make sure there is no danger of the board touching the other board.
                          Have channel switching now. All lights and switches functioning. No output except for thru line out . All voltage readings are where we were shooting for. First used Variac to bring up to 435v, then w/o Variac reads 442vdc@R43 on main power board. All preamp tubes pins 1 & 6 have voltage in the 100s, 9-4/5 around 6vac, hum balance pot under 8 vdc, R53 0vdc.

Comment

Have channel switching now. All lights and switches functioning. No output except for thru line out . All voltage readings are where we were shooting for. First used Variac to bring up to 435v, then w/o Variac reads 442vdc@R43 on main power board. All preamp tubes pins 1 & 6 have voltage in the 100s, 9-4/5 around 6vac, hum balance pot under 8 vdc, R53 0vdc.
                            I don't have boost/xpand piggyback switch soldered in. Could that cause no output?

Comment

• So all tubes are installed and there is no sound at speaker out but line out has signal?

Comment

So all tubes are installed and there is no sound at speaker out but line out has signal?
                                Correct

Comment

Working...
                                X