No announcement yet.

Laney TT50H No Outout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not sure what your point is. Maybe I'm missing something. Of course, a good 470 ohm resistor will measure 470 ohms. The point g1 is making is that it is not the correct resistor value.
    "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

• Originally posted by The Dude View Post
      I'm not sure what your point is. Maybe I'm missing something. Of course, a good 470 ohm resistor will measure 470 ohms. The point g1 is making is that it is not the correct resistor value.
      I guess I'm confusing things. I ordered 3 of what was on the board when I first started working on this I thought. Maybe I ordered the wrong resistor for R43 to begin with, but it does handle 435vdc?

Comment

• Then someone had installed the wrong value part in there. It needs to be 4.7K (4700 ohms).

(edit: you had found original part burnt on pg.2 of thread, maybe it was unreadable and you ordered wrong value?)
        Originally posted by Enzo
        I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

• Originally posted by g1 View Post
          Then someone had installed the wrong value part in there. It needs to be 4.7K (4700 ohms).

(edit: you had found original part burnt on pg.2 of thread, maybe it was unreadable and you ordered wrong value?)
          Don't recall, but obviously entirely possible. Will order correct resistor. Thanks again for your help. Greatly appreciate it.

Comment

Then someone had installed the wrong value part in there. It needs to be 4.7K (4700 ohms).

4k7 cement power resistor(R43) installed. Any suggestions before sound test? Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by ca7922303 View Post

4k7 cement power resistor(R43) installed. Any suggestions before sound test? Thanks.

Comment

• No suggestions, you should be good to go ahead with the sound test.
                While you are doing it, check to see if the hum pot is making any difference in the hum level as you turn it.
                I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

No suggestions, you should be good to go ahead with the sound test.
                  While you are doing it, check to see if the hum pot is making any difference in the hum level as you turn it.
                  Still only able to get sound out of return efx jack and line out jack.

Comment

• Originally posted by ca7922303 View Post

Still only able to get sound out of return efx jack and line out jack.
                    FX return is an input, line out is an output. When you put signal to FX return you get sound at the output?

Comment

FX return is an input, line out is an output. When you put signal to FX return you get sound at the output?
                      Signal in return signal out 8 ohm speaker jack to 112 cab. Signal in line (I'll check it again, might be line in).

Comment

• So when you put signal into FX return, do you get sound at the speaker? That tells you whether the power amp section is working or not.
                        To test the preamp, you put signal into the guitar input and see if there is signal at the line out. (you would need to send line out signal to another amp)

Comment

It is a line out. Plug a signal into line out and get same result as fx return to speaker out.

Comment

So when you put signal into FX return, do you get sound at the speaker? That tells you whether the power amp section is working or not.
                            To test the preamp, you put signal into the guitar input and see if there is signal at the line out. (you would need to send line out signal to another amp)
                            Get sound @speaker when plugged into fx return.

Comment

• Put a patch cord between FX send and return jacks. Plug your signal into guitar input and see if there is any sound.
                              If not, connect fx send to another working amplifiers input. See if there is sound there.

Comment

Put a patch cord between FX send and return jacks. Plug your signal into guitar input and see if there is any sound.
                                If not, connect fx send to another working amplifiers input. See if there is sound there.
                                No Sound jumping fx loop, no sound fx send to another amp.

Comment

Working...
                                X