WTF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tboy View Post

I believe that symbol is only visible to mods and admin. It appears on threads that contain soft-deleted posts.
    I can see it, and I'm no mod nor admin. just another happy camper. And I was also wondering what it indicates.
    This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

• Yep. I can see it, too, and I'm not a mod.
      "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

• I just got notified of "flag reports". I'm not sure why or what it means. When I click on the notification, I see flag reports by g1 and tboy. I click on them or the box next to them, etc. No matter what I do, I get a popup that says, "Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page". What is that about? Did someone flag my posts? I can't get rid of the notifications either. They're just stuck there. If I'm not authorized, why am I getting the notifications?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Dude View Post
          I just got notified of "flag reports". I'm not sure why or what it means.
          I have no idea what it means or why it's happening, but I'll try to find out.
          -tb

"If you're the only person I irritate with my choice of words today I'll be surprised" Chuck H.

Comment

I just got notified of "flag reports". I'm not sure why or what it means. When I click on the notification, I see flag reports by g1 and tboy. I click on them or the box next to them, etc. No matter what I do, I get a popup that says, "Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page". What is that about? Did someone flag my posts? I can't get rid of the notifications either. They're just stuck there. If I'm not authorized, why am I getting the notifications?
            Those are flags of spam being reported (mine was anyway). Not sure why you are seeing them, anybody else getting those notifications?
            Originally posted by Enzo
            I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

• Originally posted by g1 View Post

Those are flags of spam being reported (mine was anyway). Not sure why you are seeing them, anybody else getting those notifications?
              Yup, just saw a "not relevant, possibly spam" notice about a message eighty-sixed by Terry.
              This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leo_Gnardo View Post

Yup, just saw a "not relevant, possibly spam" notice about a message eighty-sixed by Terry.
                I think that one is showing up in the thread listings which is normal. The one The Dude mentioned shows up in your 'notifications' area.
                Originally posted by Enzo
                I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

• Well, those notifications are gone. Not sure if it was something tboy did or what happened, but I don't see them any more.

Comment

• tboy
                    tboy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks for the follow-up. I'm not sure if what I did actually fixed it but for now, I'll assume it did.

• Is there an undo command, to retrieve the mistake deleted post.
                  It's All Over Now

Comment

• vintagekiki
                    vintagekiki commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I have to be more careful in the future.
                    vk post (10:24 PM) was deleted by my mistake.

• tboy
                    tboy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It is restored.

• vintagekiki
                    vintagekiki commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thank you!

• I'm still getting flag reports. I'm not sure why. I can't do anything with them. I can't read the post when I click on it. I can't delete it. I can't get rid of the "1" in my notification bar. It just says I don't have permission. If I don't have permission, why am I seeing the notification at all? It's annoying. I'd like to either not get notified at all, or be able to dismiss them. PLEASE?

Comment

I'm still getting flag reports.
                    Same here. Usually the flag notifications are gone the following day, probably because tboy took care of the flagged issue.

- Own Opinions Only -

Comment

I'm still getting flag reports. I'm not sure why. I can't do anything with them. I can't read the post when I click on it. I can't delete it. I can't get rid of the "1" in my notification bar. It just says I don't have permission. If I don't have permission, why am I seeing the notification at all? It's annoying. I'd like to either not get notified at all, or be able to dismiss them. PLEASE?
                      Me also too. Makes me feel like I offended someone. No! Everyone likes me! I'm sure of it! Guess I'll eat some worms.
                      --
                      I build and repair guitar amps
                      http://amps.monkeymatic.com

Comment

• I think there are some settings that need to be changed by Site admins.

https://forum.vbulletin.com/forum/vb...eporting-tools
                        not exact problem maybe but similar.
                        https://forum.vbulletin.com/forum/vb...to-all-members
                        Last edited by dstrat; 10-15-2020, 01:48 AM.

Comment

I'm still getting flag reports.
                          Me too, and I don't understand it. The flagged thread was one I hadn't even posted in... I think. At least there wasn't a post of mine in the thread when I looked.
                          But yeah, clicking on the message doesn't get me anywhere, so I have no clue.
                          If it still won't get loud enough, it's probably broken. - Steve Conner
                          If the thing works, stop fixing it. - Enzo
                          We need more chaos in music, in art... I'm here to make it. - Justin Thomas
                          MANY things in human experience can be easily differentiated, yet *impossible* to express as a measurement. - Juan Fahey

Comment

• Since a couple of days I don't seem to be getting Email notifications anymore.
                            Checked my user settings: Everything as before, notifications activated.
                            - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

Working...
                            X