Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WTF?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by g1 View Post
    I'm going to try a 'donatation' instead.
    My dictionary doesn't know this term .
    - Own Opinions Only -

    Comment


    • Originally posted by g1 View Post
      I'm going to try a 'donatation' instead.
      Man! You are eagle-eyed!
      Experience is something you get, just after you really needed it.

      Comment


      • Just donatated successfully (I think.) Somehow this thread disappeared from 'new topics' when I went back to that page. Still trying to get the hang of this new system. It seems like there is way less traffic than before, but I may just not be seeing it.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Bloomfield View Post
          Still trying to get the hang of this new system. It seems like there is way less traffic than before, but I may just not be seeing it.
          For my "let me see everything" curiosity, I've found clicking on "Today's Posts" is working well. OTOH, if I really am seeing all the new traffic as it comes in, then the quantity of traffic has settled to maybe 20-25% of what it was before the change. OTOOH, I've noticed in previous years a general slow down in traffic during summer months - that is summer in the Northern Hemisphere.

          Enjoy. Every. Sandwich.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Leo_Gnardo View Post

            For my "let me see everything" curiosity, I've found clicking on "Today's Posts" is working well. OTOH, if I really am seeing all the new traffic as it comes in, then the quantity of traffic has settled to maybe 20-25% of what it was before the change. OTOOH, I've noticed in previous years a general slow down in traffic during summer months - that is summer in the Northern Hemisphere.
            As Today's Posts only shows what's come in today, rather than the previous software's What's New (was that the name of it?), which allowed searching thru all of the current day and back in time, as I normally began my searches on keeping up with all the latest posts, you CAN'T do that with Today's Post. I miss that feature of the previous software, as ti made it easy to catch up if you were absent for days and not knowing what you've missed.

            When I looked to see Who's Online a few minutes ago, there was only a handful of our members on-line, while the number of guests viewing the website was enormous. That's always encouraging to see.
            Logic is an organized way of going wrong with confidence

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Helmholtz View Post

              My dictionary doesn't know this term .
              See top of page, next to 'summer fund drive'.
              "Everything is better with a tube. I have a customer with an all-tube pacemaker. His heartbeat is steady, reassuring and dependable, not like a modern heartbeat. And if it goes wrong he can fix it himself. You can't do that with SMD." - Mick Bailey

              Comment


              • Originally posted by g1 View Post

                See top of page, next to 'summer fund drive'.
                Sure, the term looked strange to me since it first showed up (I know some Latin). And my English dictionary couldn't help either. So I figured it must be a typo.
                As a non-native speaker I see a lot of typos in posts and it's often hard for me (sometimes impossible) to guess what was meant.
                Last edited by Helmholtz; 06-27-2020, 10:28 PM.
                - Own Opinions Only -

                Comment


                • Oh, your English is flawless. We also have a penchant for playing with our language. I like to poke at g1 by saying he is from Canadia.
                  Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Enzo View Post
                    Oh, your English is flawless. We also have a penchant for playing with our language. I like to poke at g1 by saying he is from Canadia.
                    Is it Michiganese or Michigander? I can never get it straight.
                    "Everything is better with a tube. I have a customer with an all-tube pacemaker. His heartbeat is steady, reassuring and dependable, not like a modern heartbeat. And if it goes wrong he can fix it himself. You can't do that with SMD." - Mick Bailey

                    Comment


                    • Oh the hard core fought for years to make it Michiganians. Claiming ganders were geese. Foo, Michigander and not ashamed.
                      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

                      Comment


                      • Is there a way to identify forum /thread moderators like in other forums?
                        I've been here since more than 2 years and still don't understand who moderates what.
                        - Own Opinions Only -

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Helmholtz View Post
                          Is there a way to identify forum /thread moderators like in other forums?
                          I've been here since more than 2 years and still don't understand who moderates what.
                          shhh! Careful what you ask for. If you're not discreet, they'll force you into moderatorship!
                          If it still won't get loud enough, it's probably broken. - Steve Conner
                          If the thing works, stop fixing it. - Enzo
                          We need more chaos in music, in art... I'm here to make it. - Justin Thomas
                          MANY things in human experience can be easily differentiated, yet *impossible* to express as a measurement. - Juan Fahey

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by eschertron View Post

                            shhh! Careful what you ask for. If you're not discreet, they'll force you into moderatorship!
                            I definitely don't run for something like that for several reasons. And not saying that I miss any. But I like transparency by principle and if there are moderators, I'd like to know who they are. No reason to hide, right?
                            Last edited by Helmholtz; 07-02-2020, 05:34 PM.
                            - Own Opinions Only -

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Helmholtz View Post

                              I definitely don't run for something like that for several reasons. And not saying that I miss any. But I like transparency by principle and if there are moderators, I'd like to know who they are. No reason to hide, right?
                              They're not hiding , you chat with some of them everyday. There is usually very little moderating going on here unless there happens to be an issue.
                              As far as the reason to not publicly display could result in an attack vector for insidious type to target control over a user account.

                              Transparacy is nice if thats what your really getting, in the real world it's usually far less transparent than they let you believe.
                              nosaj
                              Binkie McFartnuggets‏:If we really wanted to know the meaning of life we would have fed Stephen Hawking shrooms a long time ago.

                              Comment


                              • There was trouble a while back with a group of trolls who joined the forum to stir things up. I remember one in particular who was asking who the moderators were on the site. Obviously this user had different intentions than the current threads purpose. I searched other forums for that user name and found a similar thread on different forum asking for moderators accounts. So definitely this user was targeting web forums trying to hack something.
                                When the going gets weird... The weird turn pro!

                                Comment

                                antalya escort
                                kartal escort
                                sex vidio
                                altyaz?l? porno
                                antalya escort
                                beylikduzu eskort bayan eskort bayan escort antalya sirinevler bayan escort
                                gaziantep escort
                                Working...
                                X