WTF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I found a solution for one of my beefs!

Next to the thread titles (if there are new posts in a thread), there is a little blue arrow thingy. If you hover over it, it says "Go to first new post". If you click it, it takes you to the first new post in the thread and things stay in chronological order.
    "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Originally posted by The Dude View Post
      I found a solution for one of my beefs!

Next to the thread titles (if there are new posts in a thread), there is a little blue arrow thingy. If you hover over it, it says "Go to first new post". If you click it, it takes you to the first new post in the thread and things stay in chronological order.
      That's the best thing I've read all day! Thanks, The Dude!
      If it still won't get loud enough, it's probably broken. - Steve Conner
      If the thing works, stop fixing it. - Enzo
      We need more chaos in music, in art... I'm here to make it. - Justin Thomas
      MANY things in human experience can be easily differentiated, yet *impossible* to express as a measurement. - Juan Fahey

Comment

Am I the only one who can't see who gave me a like?

Also no likes counter anymore .

Likes are my reward!
        Last edited by Helmholtz; 06-10-2020, 07:19 PM.
        - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

Yes, HH, that like thingy was a useful feature. I hope it gets restored.
          Experience is something you get, just after you really needed it.

Comment

Originally posted by Helmholtz View Post

Also no likes counter anymore .

Likes are my reward!
            At the very least you can turn on your notifications for 'likes'.
            Also worth everyone checking their settings for notifications (subscribed threads, PMs, likes, mentions, etc.) as some of the defaults appear to have changed.

Click on your user name at top right of page, then click 'user settings'. In user settings click on 'notifications' tab.
            Originally posted by Enzo
            I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Just wondering if it's a browser issue as vintagekiki doesn't seem to have the problem. I use Firefox 77.0.1 (64-bit) with win7 pro 64-bit.
              - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

Just wondering if it's a browser issue as vintagekiki doesn't seem to have the problem. I use Firefox 77.0.1 (64-bit) with win7 pro 64-bit.
                I use Firefox 52.9.0 (32-bit) with XP pro 32-bit.
                It's All Over Now

Comment

Disabling uBlock Origin did not help .Where else could hide a popup blocker?
                  - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

Disabling uBlock Origin did not help .Where else could hide a popup blocker?
                    post #59 above, do you see the number 1 beside the 'like' button? What happens when you click on the 1, nothing?
                    I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Originally posted by g1 View Post

post #59 above, do you see the number 1 beside the 'like' button? What happens when you click on the 1, nothing?
                      Exactly: Nothing.

- Own Opinions Only -

Comment

Originally posted by g1 View Post

I see liked by Helmholtz. I'm using Win7 32 bit, Firefox 77

Comment

Exactly: Nothing.
                          Go to
                          https://music-electronics-forum.com/settings/notifications

In User Settings/ General check the box "Likes your post"
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by vintagekiki; 06-10-2020, 10:41 PM.
                          It's All Over Now

Comment

Originally posted by tboy View Post

If you're not logged in the software has no way of knowing what you might have already seen, so it offers 'Today's Posts' as a way of showing the most recent forum activity. After you've logged in, 'New Topics' does more or less the same thing, but now it knows what you've seen before and only shows what's new for you..
                            I see "Today's Posts" doesn't disappear now when I log in. Thanks tboy!

Comment

Originally posted by vintagekiki View Post
                              Go to
                              https://music-electronics-forum.com/settings/notifications

In User Settings/ General check the box "Likes your post"
                              Thanks, I had checked that box all along. Didn't help.
                              - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

Thanks, I had checked that box all along. Didn't help.
                                I see in my firefox settings, I have pop-up blocking turned on, but I have an exception for MEF. Do you have this? Or have you tried turning off firefox pop-up blocker?

Comment

Working...
                                X